NBN News

Judging by the screenshots, NBN would never upgrade their studio cameras until Nine gives the GO signal for the shift.

4 Likes

Yes, the picture quality on NBN News is very ordinary.

I also saw last night that the 9 News branded Election coverage promos (for Saturday nights coverage) are also airing on 9/NBN.

To me, that’s another sure sign that Nine are phasing in the Nine News brand in preparation for a 6pm rebrand in the next year or two.

1 Like

Can they hurry up and just do it now? :joy:

But in all seriousness, the federal election coming up this year would be a good opportunity to streamline branding considering all the coverage it will get.

2 Likes

They can’t go too quickly otherwise people will notice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

SCA “quickly” rebranded their bulletins from the viewers’ perspective (only those in the know were aware of the extent of their naming limbo); one day it was Southern Cross News, the next week it was Nightly News. The world didn’t end.

As long as the presenters and bulletin format remains the same, will the viewer really care that deeply about losing the name? Especially considering EVERYTHING ELSE on the channels is branded “Nine” anyway. Also lets them introduce the location names on the bulletins too (“localness” brownie points :joy:).

5 Likes
3 Likes

Feel the climate you say…?

giphy

5 Likes

Just please don’t be like Nat Jeffery and contradict the official forecast to sound like a know it all leaving us more confused than ever.

2 Likes
1 Like

One of NBN News’s better talents.

Do we know where he is going to?

Massive microphone cover in use here by Far North Coast reporter, Eloise Le Gros.

Looks like a rabbit has been stuffed on it.

9 Likes

Well, that type of wind muff (yes, actual name :joy:) is technically called a “dead cat”, so it’s close :rofl:

3 Likes

I was nearly going to post cat, only the colour put me off as most cats aren’t grey.

1 Like

Anyone notice NBN News keeps breaking up and locking up (poor link between NBN and 9playout?)

2 Likes

yes. I thought it might have been their old news vision playout machines as it only seems to happen when reports are airing.

I’ve been told they’re in the final stages of locking down a permanent home for news - with production and sales now based at Triple M and Hit 106.9 in the Honeysuckle precinct.

3 Likes

A Nine News regional report from Orange appeared in the Central Coast local news window tonight (as there was only one local news report).

It was introduced as an Election / Health report focussing on regional Australians, but the report was really about Orange specific issues, including a new cancer centre to be opened in the town. It also appeared 5 minutes after the network Election coverage news report was aired.

The reporter (Lily Cardis) also had an “NBN News”'sign off.

3 Likes

Could we get a Nine plaza in Newcastle? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jw_tfWiPqI

1 Like

There is the Nineways at Broadmeadow, not far from the train station and not too far from Hunter Stadium.

Though not exactly the epicentre of excitement. :grinning:

1 Like

Caps of the Newcastle Dawn service:

6 Likes