NBN News

Should be only if of interest to Sydneysiders. Unless of course they need padding with the 60 minute timeslot.

And the Sydneysider watching asks Who’s Raymond Terrance? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Or who is Russell Vale, or Bonny Hills, or Glen Innes!

1 Like

Videos of the NBN News promos:

1 Like

I find that difficult to believe.

6 Likes

OK, not all, but some think that Sydney is the be all and end all. Rarely venture outside of the inner west.

2 Likes

NBN News Gold Coast Montage - 9/2/2019:

3 Likes

The endcard in that “Coming Up” update looks much more polished than their standard effort, closer to metro quality. Nice re-purposing of the backdrop.

Samantha Long has finished up with NBN News today.

2 Likes

The idea isn’t too far-fetched. I once spoke to a worker at Luna Park who genuinely had no idea where Wollongong was.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Home schooling and hosting a news bulletin - that’s a hell of a juggling act. I take it Tash had to take a lot of time off?

5 Likes

Recent content …
Newcastle bulletin and also video with Central Coast inserts:
Weekend

Weekday

Mid North Coast:

North West:

5 Likes

Promos:

6 Likes

Thanks for all the videos and caps, @Abesty !

1 Like

No worries, hopefully no copyright issues arise …

In the Newcastle 25th Feb bulletin there was a report which included interview with former NBN Newsreader (and now Newcastle Councillor) John Church:

There was a report about this school in the bulletin on 4th March:

5 Likes

Early clip of NBN News’ late 2008-2014 branding, with a different theme song!

3 Likes

Yes, I seem to remember (there were a decent selection of clips online at the time, sadly no longer) NBN News tweaking the theme music used for the Opener within a month or so? But I think the “original” version remained in use for the break playout around mid-way through the bulletin, just after the Weather Preview.

3 Likes

NBN News Thursday and Friday last week.
Thursday had live cross to newsroom:

Friday Gavin Morris presented weather from Merewether Beach for Surfest. It looks like he went overtime and they had to cut him off to end the bulletin:

6 Likes

That’s interesting that the “on location” weather report was a local one for Newcastle and the Central Coast. Usually they are whole of Northern NSW reports.

I suspect he would have pre recorded ones for the other Northern NSW markets back in the studio (along with the usual Southern NSW ones).

1 Like