NBN News

Another imbecile wore the same type of uniform from the same company and was torn to shreds by a judge when they wore it to court.

Just shows how many idiots work or used to work for that certian company.

The judge tore the uniform to shreds??

:rofl:

That sounds funny even though it wouldn’t be true. I knew what you meant though.

2 Likes

That’s certain. :wink:

Just some observations from today’s NBN News from the Gold Coast.

Far North Coast stories creeping into the Gold Coast windows even though there’s plenty of Nine Gold Coast News stories to fill. Nobody cares about surf conditions in Byron Bay! Gold Coast has it’s own beaches! And the Paul Lobb intro into a story “Our city is looking forward to the Commonwealth Games” in an attempt that it’s a locally produced bulletin.

Also LOLed at the "Football coming up after A Current Affair but went straight to Friday Night Football. Daylight Savings strikes again. :confused:

3 Likes

I know it won’t be an issue after tomorrow night and that the chances of it happening at all anytime soon are very slim to none, but personally I think NBN should be presenting a completely new bulletin (local windows, national/international content with QLD stories replacing NSW ones…the lot) for the Gold Coast during DST down South.

For the number of viewers that NBN would attract up there, doing a QLD based bulletin during DST isn’t going to be worth it. Not with a name like NBN which has very strong Newcastle and Northern NSW connotations.

I think they should replay Nine Gold Coast News at 6pm and Nine Queensland News at 6.30pm on NBN/Nine Gold Coast (Channel 8). Act a time shift. Too many commuters still travelling at 5.30pm to watch the local news and it be a point of difference to Seven.

This whole NBN thing should be treated differently is just bull dust in sub markets like Gold Coast.

2 Likes

Did you see much evidence of Newcastle region content up there?

…or sometimes gets confused with that other thing known as NBN! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That sounds like an OK idea, provided that it’s made reasonably clear to the viewer that they’re watching a delayed telecast on Channel 8/80.

1 Like

Occasionally yes but it’s mostly a mixture of Nine Gold Coast News, NBN Far North Coast (Lismore area) and NBN North Coast (Coffs Harbour area) stories. Weekdays they can cherry pick from Nine Gold Coast News but weekends are slim pickings as NBN doesn’t have that option. It’s more possible to get a story from Newcastle on a weekend but have seen the occasional John Hunter Hospital or some Newcastle centric story on the non-localised feed.

Tbh, I don’t watch a lot of NBN News but it happened to be on.

2 Likes

I agree with idea, NBN should done that years ago.

But they seem to have a curious aversion to the Nina News brand, they cover it up at almost every opportunity they get. It actually makes WIN’s cover up efforts seen quite tame.

1 Like

And the Paul Lobb intro into a story “Our city is looking forward to the Commonwealth Games” in an attempt that it’s a locally produced bulletin.

To be fair, before I started taking an interest in news, I always thought that NBN was presented from Lismore. It just seemed so local! It was a big shock to find out it actually came up all the way from Newcastle…

And on another note, at a friend’s house on the Gold Coast, at six o’clock they switched on the news… straight to NBN. It seems many of us just can’t go past NBN!

5 Likes

Really?
The Newcastle news stories almost every night didn’t give it away?

JANE GOLDSMITH doing Channel 9’s early news!!

5 Likes

NBN failed to mention at the end of tonight’s bulletin that their own Jane Goldsmith would be presenting the Early News.

As usual, they just said their next news would be in the Today Show, which of course is incorrect.

4 Likes

It’s been years NBN. Why won’t you mention the Early News by either “Nine’s Early News” or just “the early news” (if they still don’t want a Nine stain on NBN News)?

1 Like

There’s a reason Jane’s in Sydney for this and you’ll all find out what today and on the news tonight :slight_smile:

Stay tuned.

8 Likes

NBN News have done a LiVE cross to Alex Heinke at the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast!

First time I’ve seen them do a live cross to a location outside Newcastle.

3 Likes

Yes here is the pic. First time I have seen it too.

That reporter is a Gold Coast Reporter representing both stations (NBN and 9 Gold Coast)

The most interesting thing is he went out of his way to use an NBN News mic flag. I guess that is very important to have a difference between 9 and NBN in a market with both stations

His twitter specifically says he resprents both stations.

I hope we get to see more live crosses outside of Newcastle

5 Likes

Alex used to report for NBN in Newcastle. He only lasted a few months before being promoted

1 Like