NBN News

That’s a bit tardy on NBN’s part.

Surely they could have asked Sam to take an NBN branded mic with him.

1 Like

We had an interview on 9 News Regional QLD tonight from the exact same location (exact same background), except with Jonathan Uptin interviewing Wally Lewis.

2 Likes

3 Likes

NBN News now seem to be running the post-Weather/pre-Closer previews (albeit a generic version with no presenter name mentioned, compared to the one shown in Sydney) for 60 Minutes on their weekend bulletins. Not 100% sure if last night was the first time they’ve ever done it though.

2 Likes

Nah did it last year too, but not consistently.

1 Like

Bad weather comparison:

TCN: https://www.facebook.com/9News/videos/1864433196937842/
vs
NBN: https://www.facebook.com/nbntelevision/videos/10156297728273331/

The Today show does a live cross to NBN’s Tyson Cortill who is wearing a nine news jacket.

1 Like

Here is another one

An NBN News reporter in a Nine News jacket!?

Add to that Samuel Djodan using a Nine News microphone a couple of weeks ago at the NRL season launch for NBN News.

Is this a sign of something?

Am I reading too much into this?

3 Likes

Something that, as much as I wouldn’t like it to happen, should have been done properly yonks ago?

That, or you need a Bex and a lie down.

2 Likes

Maybe Tyson kept the Nine News jacket from his time working on Nine Gold Coast News prior to NBN?

1 Like

Sometimes in the lead-up to major branding changes of news services, we’ll see/hear subtle on-air hints. Is this the case with these recent instances of NBN News reporters using Nine News-branded jackets and mic flags? At this stage it’s a case of wait and see, but if NBN News reporters start ending their reports with “Nine News” then we can safely say that something is brewing…

Aren’t branded things used on air like jackets, mic flags and microphones typically station property?

2 Likes

Everyone steals company property now and again. Maybe he has a whole cupboard full of it? :laughing:

3 Likes

Our @nbnnews 30th anniversary special on the Richmond Vale Railway airs Saturday March 31 at 12 noon on Nine. Here's a promo about the upcoming documentary.. #returntoRVR #steam #railway #heritage pic.twitter.com/03nJ6UuRzt

— David Threlfo (@David_Threlfo) March 21, 2018

I’ve never been asked to return a branded jacket, but if I was to walk out with a microphone…

2 Likes

Why would anyone ask for a corporate branded clothing item back? It’s great advertising …

So other staff can use it and media organisations are cheap.

1 Like

same if u work in a supermarket they sell any clothing second hand to new employees if current workers leaves and gets a new job

To protect their brand and even for security reasons. There was a recent court case in Melbourne relating to a guy that got up to mischief wearing a work shirt from his former employer.

3 Likes