NBN News

Amazing what some good lighting can do, only looks about 100 x times better.

2 Likes

Where are those flashing dots on the backdrop pointing to? At a brief first glance I thought it started out as the six regional centres NBN News covers (Newcastle, Lismore, Coffs Harbour, Tamoworth, Central Coast, Gold Coast), but in reality it’s jumping all around NSW.

1 Like

Whatever they were, they are now gone.

2 Likes

I saw a lot of FB complaints last night about those dots.

3 Likes

Hows about the stupid TV behind Samuel Djodan screening the 4 split screen feeds for NNSW/GC?

That has to go… far too distracting.

2 Likes

Another thing I’ve noticed tonight (also evident in your caps above) is that the main presenters now move around a bit.

In one shot, Natasha and Paul are seated close together, but in another shot from a similar angle and zoom, only Natasha is seen and Paul has moved well out of shot.

5 Likes

What’s the difference between that and the real life news exchanges that were all the range in the 1990s/early 2000s? Nine’s national bulletins only stopped using theirs this year, Seven used their recorded backdrop for national bulletins until 2010, Ten stations had either real life news exchanges, or had recorded backdrops up until 2013.

NBN have likely done it to try and make the backdrop less static, but the screen is too big compared to those printed on the backdrop.

2 Likes

More caps:

14 Likes

Looks much more polished, the lighting definitely is a big improvement from launch night.

5 Likes

I feel like I am watching those videos they gets kids to do at the Royal Show on mini news sets. It just doesn’t look natural.

1 Like

By normal regional standards - like the crap southern cross in particular puts out - NBN is miles in front.

6 Likes

NBN montages from this week:
Monday
Tuesday

5 Likes

oh they always have been, but the past set looked fine, don’t know why they shoe-horned in this hand-me-down. Can’t really call Southern Cross or Win’s set’s ‘sets’.

NBN News Saturday bulletin:
Video

12 Likes

Is that the Central Coast version? The weather window threw me a little. I’m in the west Lake Mac area, and while our temps were shown (Cooranbong/Toronto), they didn’t show the Hunter Valley while instead putting an emphasis on Sydney that we never get here (I guess that because we get our signal from My Sugarloaf, we get the Hunter version).

Yes, the Central Coast weather report on weekends only shows temps from Sydney to Nobbys Baech, and not the Hunter Valley.

But on weekdays, the Central Coast and Newcastle/Hunter regions get the same weather reports.

I live on the east side of the Lake (Charlestown), and receive both NBN Central Coast and Newcastle.

Beats me why NBN only do this on weekends, and not weeknights.
Quite peculiar.

4 Likes

BEHIND THE SCENES
Promo shoot of new studio

3 Likes

The side panels around the screens in the newsroom (commonly used for the online updates and also the in-bulletin weather preview) were updated last Thursday to reflect the newer graphics. Not the best quality screenshots, but for comparison purposes…

Old:
old

New:
new

8 Likes

Thanks.

Re the “old” one, NBN have a watermark in the top left as well as the solid logo in the bottom right.
I hope WIN never saw this!

3 Likes