NBN News

That might have been taken from the Facebook page.

1 Like

Those caps were actually taken from videos posted to NBN News’ Twitter page, however I’m sure their Facebook page has similar content.

3 Likes

Meanwhile on WIN’s page…

2 Likes

NBN has slightly tweaked the weather graphics - I do believe it now animates with raindrops etc instead of just the different colours for different rain strengths.

Also the topography colours have changed slightly as have the graphics for the towns during the animated daily temperatures.

3 Likes

Couple of promos I recorded a few days ago …

Market specific:

7 Likes

Weather for Newcastle and Central Coast bulletins from Sunday …

Newcastle:

Central Coast:

There is a noticeable picture quality difference between the live and pre-recorded window sections of the bulletins (news, sport, weather segments), if you compare these same graphics across the live Newcastle window and the pre-recorded Central Coast one:

You can also see the difference when the live feed cuts back in with the Facebook graphic:

8 Likes

Great post!

2 Likes

New set photo on NBN’s Facebook page.

8 Likes

NBN News’ Twitter page has received a refresh as well…

4 Likes

They’ve still got the old/wrong logo (shouldn’t it be the ‘9 | NBN’ one?) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Branding has never been NBN’s strong suit.

2 Likes

Montages:

9 Likes

This graphic appeared on both Nine News Sydney and NBN News tonight.

Whilst Cameron Williams emphasised that all finals were live on Nine, NBN just said “we’ll have all the finals live”, no mention of Nine or NBN.

Seems like the Nine brand is something of a dirty word at Mosbri Crescent.

6 Likes

when they promote events on their other channels, it’s always “on Gem” or “on GO” as well. It’s stupid.

No mention of the 5am News, just “Today has the latest headlines tomorrow morning.”

Yet when there’s a sponsor billboard for the sport or weather, it’s “9HD”

They’re mad.

2 Likes

That’s another of my pet hates with NBN News, that they refuse to mention in their sign off the next News bulletin is actually at 5am and not in the Today show. At least they don’t do that ridiculous “you’re up to date with the latest news from NBN” anymore.

I was at the Knights game yesterday, plenty of NBN News signage, but not a single mention of Nine anywhere.

They are kind of like one half of a married couple that hates their new name.

5 Likes

When Seven promotes their multichannels, it’s generally “on Two” or “on mate”. Not so uncommon.

3 Likes

Tonight, the NBN Central Coast window started with 3 Northern Rivers items before 2 Central Coast reports aired.

I mean, if you HAVE to air out of area reports, wouldn’t it be better to put them at the end of the window, not the start?

2 Likes

Some pretty awful graphics from NBN News tonight.

Very sloppily done.

9 Likes

I’d personally go ahead to say that most of NBN’s graphics is sloppily done and looks quite dated. Why can’t they use the Nine News branding?

3 Likes

Here is a single Newcastle story which was covered by a TCN reporter and an NBN reporter separately!!

Yes the TCN reporter was actually in Newcastle and BOTH reporters were actually at the house.

It looks like they are sharing most of the footage but they have produced their own reports which are different to each other.

(NOTE: At the time I write this, it looks like NBN’s SSL certificate has expired so you might have to click a few links to get onto the site)

2 Likes