NBN News

Can someone montage tonight’s NBN News please? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Cost cutting perhaps… Maybe they couldn’t afford to buy a vowel.

5 Likes

New set looks nice.
Though there are some flashing red dots on the backdrop which are distracting.

Same old supers and theme music.
No OTS graphics either.

Edit: Looks like OTS are on again now.

9 Likes

Regional getting the metro leftovers. So sad.

3 Likes

Still no new graphics? Unaccepable.

4 Likes

Looks like it’s the old Brisbane set, actually. Sydney had a recess above the vertical plasma which Melbourne/Brisbane didn’t have and it’s clearly not the Melbourne set.

3 Likes

It’s a nice change, even if an old set. It’s not as old as the previous one though. It’s good to see that they’re putting a previous metro set to use. I’m pretty sure this is only temporary before the move to the CBD.

The background (sans the flashing red dots), would be good for the regional news.

5 Likes

Using the plasma for a story graphic.

I don’t think it’s the Brisbane set because the 9 logo isn’t on the wood panelling on the left, unless they replaced it with the globes that Sydney had there. (That said, there are differences with the wall behind the main plasma to all the other sets).

7 Likes

Both Brisbane and Sydney had the 9 News logo on the left glass panel. Obviously they’ve replaced it with another globe panel.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Everyone gets so excited - new set, new graphics, renamed to Nine News … and it’s just the younger brother getting big brother’s hand me downs.

8 Likes

The chroma key on the weather is worse than normal.

Glad to see that they have finally updated their set from 2002… To 2009 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Glad it is being used though. Was certainly nothing wrong with the set

7 Likes

Also it appears that desk is darker. I’m pretty sure LED lights were used in order to illuminate it. This however looks quite dark. Especially in the Facebook video posted above.

Photos of the set on NBN’s Facebook page

2 Likes

Good move. Even an old metro set is a huge step up from the usual regional standard and NBN’s previous set. I certainly wouldn’t complain about Seven Queensland or Prime getting one of the old Seven News desks.

Is that a hint of a Newcastle skyline in the main shot?

9 Likes

Great to see that they’re making use of the old metro sets, a refreshing look for NNSW viewers to be sure.

But I can’t help but feel slightly disappointed that they didn’t use the old Adelaide/Perth set (essentially East Coast set with timber removed) as it worked brilliantly with the current graphics package and was much brighter and more open than the old East Coast set.

No timber would blend much better with the new national look.

6 Likes

I actually didn’t mind the previous set. It was huge and the backdrop wasn’t that old. Maybe if I lived in NNSW and was subjected it to it daily I’d have a different opinion, but in the grand scheme of things it was quite a nice set for a regional station.

I agree with Nick. A Perth or Adelaide v2.0 set would have been better.

5 Likes

They even went to the trouble of having NBN placed on the front of the desk…

Agree that they could have reused Adelaide’s set; it was all of two years old. But an improvement regardless

4 Likes

New set suits regional news, I think the plasma is bigger too? because the bottom wooden panel isn’t visible as much as it used to be in Sydney. I think one of the reasons they didn’t use Adelaide’s old set probably has to do with transportation costs. It obviously would be much cheaper to get it from Sydney and considering they will be moving?

4 Likes