NBN News

Admittedly I was wondering what role Gavin Morris had on national television prior to his time at NBN and as it turns out, he was a presenter on Pay TV’s The Weather Channel back when it was still good.

Somehow, I’d imagine that Gav’s appearance in the Chat Room might’ve been extremely interesting if Amber was hosting Nine News Now. Clash of the weather presenters, Sydney metro vs regional NSW! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

He could’ve worn the same thing as Amber if he wanted national coverage. Did anyone record this?

3 Likes

He seems to have forgotten that he has already been on national TV on The Weather Channel on FOXTEL.

Though it will be an upscaled SD Gavin Morris that city slickers will be seeing on Nine.

3 Likes

10 Likes

It’s on 9Now.

And just to answer the hard hitting question, yes they referred to Gavin as being from NBN.

“today I’m joined by […] NBN’s Gavin Morris in Newcastle”

3 Likes

Bizarre… that Sydney doesn’t seem to know it’s predominantly Nine up here now.

2 Likes

Here’s this - Link with thanks to @SamSamTV

2 Likes

The local station is still well known as NBN because of NBN News.

I have heard GTV, TCN and QTQ being on mentioned on air MANY times over the years.

Ps. That background might have been live, because if it was pre-recorded they wouldn’t have let that shaking go to air.

4 Likes

…Next on Gogglebox:

Why didn’t they ask him anything about the piss poor Internet speeds?

:wink:

5 Likes

The Chatroom segment starts at 49:27

1 Like

People in the rest of the country were probably wondering why someone from the NBN (National broadband network) was doing on chatroom

4 Likes

Ironically there is more local imagery of Newcastle on a national news show - then NBN features on it’s own local Newcastle news.

Looks like they have a live cam - but never use it

5 Likes
1 Like

Here are a few behind the scenes photos from Gavin’s appearance on the 9 News Chatroom yesterday.

1 Like

RELAUNCH ALERT!!!

I said RELAUNCH ALERT!!!

There’s a 2 page feature in today’s Newcastle Sunday newspaper about Tash Beyersdorf.

Apart from discussing the new studio relocation to the CBD being “planned” there’s also this.

“The current set, which includes a large image of Australia in shades of blue, is being replaced and the newly-constructed desk and backdrop are located opposite. The black floor has even been repainted and that’s what is generating the strong smell [in the studio]. The new set is also blue. but red has been incorporated.”

19 Likes

If it’s what I’m thinking, the Novocastrians are soooooooooo lucky.

2 Likes

Very interesting!

I’m surprised a new set is imminent, given a relocation isn’t too far off.

Good news still, the current set has too much blue in it.

Red and Blue? Knights colours… hmmmm.

I’m guessing it won’t be accompanied by a rebrand.

4 Likes

And could last NBN News for about 3-5 years, at least.

1 Like

I’d assume it’s going to be similar to the style rolled out across the national news at 5am, 11.30am and 4pm.

It will be interesting to see if the graphics are updated to the new animated ones that 9 use.

I honestly believe NOW is the time for NBN News to be evolved into 9 News and get ahead into a single brand before the new entrant (WIN) comes into the market on 1st September. Whether WIN introduce local news is anyone’s guess.

HD would be good, but doubt that will happen before the CBD move.

8 Likes

I think it might take the graphics package that Nine currently use. At the moment, they only have the new titlecards.

3 Likes