NBN News

I think what @Ethan_Linnett was trying to say he wants NBN News to rebrand to Nine News.

3 Likes

This is odd - whilst Gavin was on the Sydney 4pm bulletin (on location from Newcastle), he was not on the NBN 6pm bulletin at all.

Natasha is presenting solo with Mitchell Hughes on sport and Lauren Kempe on weather.

Did Gavin go home ill or something?

1 Like

He had two Nine logos on him, must’ve been very sick.

3 Likes

Corona-Nine-us

3 Likes

I’m sure he had to take the rest of the day off to detox.

1 Like

NBN News really needs to have a good look at the selection of out of area news for its local windows.

Tonight, Central Coast got a voiceover item about a new Italian eatery due to open shortly at Southport Sharks AFL Club on the Gold Coast. Totally inappropriate. You’d even question how this should even air on the Gold Coast, eateries are opening and closing all the time up there.

They also aired a Northern Rivers report on how local councils are finding and fixing water leaks. At least this has some relevance to other markets as it’s something that happens across the state. This is a better example of what should be aired if it can’t be local.

2 Likes

Slow or no news day on the Central Coast it seems. Newcastle stories would be more relevant for there.

2 Likes

I’m sure they could find content if they put in more resources, it looked like only Will di Fulvio was on today.

1 Like

Natasha is presenting solo tonight.

2 Likes

She presented solo last night as well (Sunday 11 Dec).

1 Like

Did Jane Goldsmith still present the Saturday bulletin?

1 Like

It’s feels a bit random in recent months as to who presents when (not just now) - often only either Gavin or Natasha is presenting and not both … NBN News doesn’t seem to have the same consistency presenter wise as other networks.

1 Like

Gavin

1 Like

Somewhat of a red flag considering what NBN did Paul Lobb around this time last year. Wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up demoting Natasha and Gavin to the weekend and promoting Jane to weekdays.

Most likely they would keep Gavin on weekdays due to his news/weather position. Could see Natasha and Jane’s roles switched though.

2 Likes

Agree, never really liked Natasha … the sport presenter is another role that should be looked at… I would prefer Kate Haberfield or Adam Murray over Mitchell Hughes.

1 Like

Natasha Beyersdorf celebrates 20 years on NBN

9 Likes

Gavin Morris will co-host the Today show (nationally) tomorrow from 7am (Saturday 17th 2022)

3 Likes

That’s weird. I didn’t think you liked Sydney…

yeah he has talked down sydney a bit

3 Likes