NBN News

Hannah Taylor from Newcastle was at Canberra for the budget. It was weird seeing the NBN News mic in Canberra.

1 Like

Did he wear his 9::: | NBN shirt on Today

He had a Today branded jacket and mic. No mention to NBN.

2 Likes

Was she covering the budget from a regional perspective?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Caught Hannah Taylor’s Canberra report tonight, she interviewed several Federal politicans and provided an overview of the main budget items for Northern NSW, the content of which was heavily skewed towards Newcastle and the Hunter. Local windows started after the report which had a more local focus on the budget. However, the local budget report was the only local report that the Central Coast got tonight.

1 Like

3 Likes

Sounds like the last time Gav was in Lismore for the Feb-Mar floods earlier this year, he wasnt using a teleprompter then… but then I think Gav has generally been pretty good at coping without an autocue, as we’ve seen through the failure of their weather graphics!

3 Likes

Tyson Cottrill presenting NBN News solo tonight.
Meaning none of Gavin, Natasha or Jane were available.

Very unusual on a weeknight during a ratings period.

1 Like

I wonder if he is presenting sport as well, or if Kate is doing it?

If all three main presenters are away, I could see him doing News this weekend as well.

2 Likes

Kate presented sport, Tyson did weather.

Oddly, the Central Coast got it’s own weather report tonight, on weeknights it’s normally a combined one with Newcastle. But there was no Central Coast local news window, the Newcastle local news window was shown instead, sport was only one local report.

1 Like

Separate weather opts occur for the Central Coast when no weather presenter is available. But within the ratings season and on a regular work week? Unlucky for the Honeysuckle crew. :pensive:

1 Like

That’s a weird way of doing things, surely it would make more sense to do the Central Coast weather when a weather presenter IS available, as it would mean more resources are available?

But remember Gavin has to do the weather like normal as well as read the news as well as the local inserts for both. More than a normal presenter in the cities. It could be easier for Gavin as he has to do both.

I would also assume since the weather seems to be in weekend mode, the local inserts would be shorter when there is one presenter so the presenter doesn’t have to read double the inserts as the weekday ones. Would you be able to confirm if the inserts were shorter tonight @Radiohead?

Tyson still managed to read the news and do all the local news and weather opt outs. Weather probably wasn’t for as long as Gavin did them however.

Gavin also had time to do all the southern NSW weather reports as well as the Northern NSW ones when Southern Cross was the Nine affiliate, so doing them all before 6pm wasn’t an issue. And he would sometimes appear on Nine News Now (3pm) as well.

I know Gavin reads the news now too, but still his workload can’t be any worse than say those WIN or 7 presenters who record multiple bulletins per day.

The Charles Croucher promo which had a 9 News logo then NBN News at the end has been fixed

It now displays the NBN News logo

1 Like

To be honest, I didn’t really see an issue with the 9 News logo in the bottom left of screen in the Charles Croucher promo. It is consistent with the reports aired on NBN News where Charles is usually seen holding a 9 News branded microphone.

Ideally however, it would be best if Nine fixes up this branding mishmash for once and for all.

1 Like

Yes totally agree. I hope Nine will do it when their Tasmanian bulletin launches. There’s no place for the NBN brand in this day and age.

2 Likes

Gavin in full Nine News kit in the 4pm Sydney bulletin just now.

The Nine News mic flag is in good nick - much better than most of the NBN ones that have blue bits missing everywhere.

2 Likes

There are no plans to launch the bulletin with the “NBN News” brand in Tasmania. Most likely it will be branded 9 news like Darwin. If anything the “NBN News” brand will stay in Newcastle and Northern NSW only