NBN News

Good. I hope they copy Seven and have NBN/NTD/Gold Coast bulletins on 9Now. Seven currently has Metro/Gold Coast/7QLD/7Regional on 7+.

3 Likes

Probably was a gremlin in the system. Either way, I have noticed in the past whenever there was a massive news story, there was always some kind of change of graphics or more. BBC relaunched after the death of Princess Diana and Seven launched new graphics on its news. Probably coincidence but it does happen.

1 Like

That would be great, and hopefully it’s for every region too.

1 Like

They’ll finally have to start naming the bulletins by region instead of just calling each one “NBN News”. :+1:

3 Likes

This NRMA ad was on again tonight, it has a countdown to weather but the weather isn’t after the ad? Must be a mistake

2 Likes

Yes that was a mistake.

No other issues tonight though, not like what you saw last night.

1 Like

NBN News wasn’t mentioned at all at the Nine upfront, unlike WIN. Also with Nine News Tasmania about to launch, I have a feeling NBN News will become Nine News at the same time.

2 Likes

Thought it was interesting that this Nine Gold Coast News sourced report has a "First on NBN " logo when it would have already aired on Nine Gold Coast before 6pm.

I’m assuming the Nine GC version had a similar logo and it was just easier to cover it up than remove it?

(This aired in the Central Coast local window)

3 Likes

I live in Tweed and get both NBN and QTQ what they do is that when they go to put the story on NBN from QTQ is that they just cover the 9 logo up with a NBN one.

1 Like

This appeared again tonight, but for once, it was at least at the right time, just before Gavins 6.55pm report.

Yes - it was on Gold Coast News

3 Likes

I would be very confused if nbn news didn’t rebrand when Nine’s Tasmania bulletin launches next year.
On the flip side, I wouldn’t be surprised if nine didn’t rebrand nbn news, considering that there were other local news bulletins that nine produced during there affiliation with SCA. I assume it’ll have a similar format to Darwin and Northern NSW.

How would this time be any different to when 9 rolled out local 9 branded news services in 2017?

2 Likes

There is an interesting nine produced promo of the queens funeral on Monday with a big golden NBN News logo…… but they didn’t customise the voiceover so it says Nine News as the NBN News logo is displayed

4 Likes

Probably would have worked better with Nine News logo and NBN News on the voice-over (if it can’t be the same on both).

1 Like

This goes to show what a confusing branding strategy nine has in northern NSW.
Hopefully nine pulls the trigger when the Tasmania bulletin launches next year.

3 Likes

Grate to see nine branding during the announcement of the broadcast of the Queen’s funeral.

NRL Grand Final Tickets competition

3 Likes

Gavin Morris is presenting solo tonight, which means Lauren Kempe is doing weather and Gav reading the “Top Local Stories” sitting down.

Also saw the NBN News logo superimposed over the Newcastle backdrop, which I haven’t seen before.

4 Likes

This normally appears on weekends when Jane is reading solo, but this is the first time I’ve seen it on a weeknight.

3 Likes