NBN News

Yes, I saw that too earlier too, looks to be a generic selection from across Northern NSW that wasnt in the local news, which means they will be mostly skewed towards Newcastle.

1 Like

Here is some content from the Mid North Coast market over Tuesday - Friday last week…

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Promos

5 Likes

Some caps of tonight with the standing headlines

5 Likes

That’s actually a decent angle when standing. They should present sport like this too.

1 Like

This QTQ Dejero screen came up for about 30 seconds, it’s like they transport between cities using Dejero? I would’ve thought they would use Telstra DVN2?

After the Dejero screen it switched to a Nine News feed for about 10 seconds

Then back to NBN NEWS

4 Likes

Thanks! What time did that occur?

1 Like

6:04pm in Newcastle

2 Likes

Thanks again… it would have been VERY confusing for the NBN viewer had a QLD presenter with the Brisbane backdrop had appeared during those 10 seconds.

1 Like

Dejero over a corporate WAN or even an Internet VPN would be a lot cheaper than leasing a DVN2 pipe full-time so you may be correct. Good spot

2 Likes

Tonight (being a solo presenter) the headines were done from the desk:

4 Likes

Looks much better. Wish they painted up the set though, still looks bland and grey.

3 Likes

Master Control in Sydney probably spotted it and switched to TCN cause it was a local Sydney story that popped up.

I’m not sure if it was NBN to QTQ -or- QTQ to TCN link that failed.

1 Like

And they can use multiple paths with Dejero too

2 Likes

Codeword promo

2 Likes

The ‘stand up’ presentation of the local news wrap does include items from local windows, as tonight’s included items that weren’t covered in the generic sections of the bulletin.

That got me thinking - this could be an indication that NBN may be looking to cut the number of local windows in the future from 6 to maybe just 2 or 3, or maybe even no local windows at all.

1 Like

Wrong sponsor billboard appeared during NBN News tonight

2 Likes

Maybe they will follow Seven’s lead and have:
Newcastle/Central Coast
New England
Mid North Coast/North Coast/Gold Coast windows.

2 Likes

Why didn’t they replace the 9 news brand with the nbn news brand? Or maybe they are considering ditching the nbn news brand in favour of the 9 news brand?

Should we sound the alarm? :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :wink:

For real though, calm down buddy! It’s just one sponsor billboard that slipped through. I’m sure NBN is safe.

4 Likes

Same on Nine News Melbourne via WIN. WIN do not usually show the Nine sponsors, instead airing their own “WIN Network” ones.

2 Likes