NBN News

Natasha has been presenting the news solo the past few nights.
Maybe Gavin is on holidays?
Lauren Kempe has been presenting weather.

Up the coast with the family doing some paragliding.

1 Like

Didn’t know NBN News did these country rugby league previews. From tonight’s bulletin. Obviously have small studios on the coast for this.

3 Likes

Check out the hybrid-retro logo on that clipboard! Looks like an original boxy NBN Sports logo with dotty NBN stuck over the top?? Love

7 Likes

It’s SOOO 1990s.

1 Like

Yeah that NBN Sports logo reminds me of when Mike Rabbit did the sport for NBN.

2 Likes

I also noticed that Jane presented the news on Monday.
Quite odd.

2 Likes

NBN News Rewind back this weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Watching NBN News Lismore via Coolangatta tonight, and I have noticed two things:

1. The entire bulletin seems to have a Newcastle backdrop, even the local inserts. How long has this been for?

2. The sport segment is noticeably longer than Nine News Melbourne etc. starting from 6:35 while the other starts at 6:45. I presume that this is to fit local and national sport in?

2 Likes

About 2 months now.

1 Like

Lismore montage from Saturday

3 Likes

Still no “Nine News Australia” copyright, it seems. Also, the NBN News portal should’ve been merged with 9News long ago since QTQ took over master control.

I agree.
But they are probably still keeping the nbn news portal due to nine wanting to keep the nbn brand.
They should’ve pulled the trigger as soon as qtq took over master control.
Hopefully they do it after they finish the rewind series.

1 Like

Something that really irritates me is how in the opener, they do a straight cut from the long shot to the presenter. Same goes with Nine News QLD. Looks shocking. Should be a fade at a minimum.

2 Likes

Agreed, it looks more like a mistake than a style choice on the director’s part. 9 Sydney was doing that when this graphics package first launched, but stopped doing that when the station moved to North Sydney.

1 Like

Odd sports coverage on NBN News tonight.

They covered the NRLW womens game between the Dragons and Titans but not the corresponding mens NRL game.

They also did their own report on the Knights vs Raiders game, usually they just the Sydney report.

The AFL game between Collingwood and Carlton got coverage, which almost never happens.

1 Like

Probably due to Carlton losing by 1 point, making them lose finals chances.

That’s not…why would an AFL game get coverage over their own NRL team?

The Knights NRL game got coverage, but the other NRL game that was on today (Dragons vs Titans) didn’t get coverage, only their womens NRLW game did.

1 Like

Just watching tonight, after the second ad break, they seem to have added a recap of the local stories. Natasha was standing at what appeared to be the sport screen with vision and headlines appearing behind her.

2 Likes