NBN News

Only in Newcastle. Up on the North Coast and in the North West, 7 News is # 1.

IIRC:

Gold Coast: 9News (not NBN)
North Coast: 7News
Mid North Coast: 7News
North West: 7News
Newcastle: NBN News
Gosford: 9News (not NBN)
Whole market: NBN News

NBN News wins NNSW due to the high viewership in Newcastle. I would say Newcastle is the strongest market followed by the North Coast, North West, Gosford then Gold Coast.

1 Like

And also due to the higher overall population in the Newcastle / Hunter market compared to elsewhere in N.NSW.

I think I read somewhere the Northern Rivers is now more populous.

1 Like

Does that include the Gold Coast part of the NRN market though?

Tweed is a funny one I wonder what the ratings are there I wonder if more people watch the regional 7 News North Coast and NBN or if more people watch the metro 7 and 9 GC/Brisbane News. Cause in Tweed a lot of people can pick up Northern Rivers, Gold Coast, and Brisbane feeds.

1 Like

@MarkHD
Hunter Region is 775,000 people
Northern Rivers is 310,000 people

1 Like

I guess it depends on what is considered “Northern Rivers”. The RegionalTAM definition of “Northern Rivers” includes the whole former NRTV market from Coffs Harbour to the Gold Coast.

The whole Northern Rivers market under their definition is 1.064 million compared to the Newcastle market’s 842k.

But it -is- skewed by the former including the Gold Coast, and the latter doesn’t include the Gosford area (it does include Wyong). I’d say the portion of the Northern Rivers sub-markets that exist in NSW would be pretty close to the 300k you quote, and would be most relevant as most on the Queensland side would more likely be watching the local feeds of Brisbane stations.

1 Like

To prove your point about nobody on the GC watching the local GC versions of Northern NSW tv channels NBN doesn’t even have a Gold Coast bulletin on their website anymore.

2 Likes

Interesting, I wonder if that means they have gone back to airing the Northern Rivers bulletin at 6pm on the Gold Coast again?

I notice they do include the GC in the weather of the Northern Rivers bulletin nowadays I’m not sure if they have separated them I’ll have to watch both the Far North Coast and Gold Coast feeds of NBN News to find out.

2 Likes

Historically it was a good catchment for the advertising teams so good to have a local presence. That’s changing now as the demographics of the region change. I think you’ll continue to see NBN putting fewer resources into northern rivers/southern GC.

1 Like

Interesting, Adam Murray presented sport tonight with Mitchell Hughes filing a report….

Not sure if this is a one off or not, but it’s unusual to have the main sport presenter file a report and not presenting.

Adam is Kate’s replacement, so he anchors Thursday to Saturday.

2 Likes

Gavin Morris live in Lismore tonight for a special edition of NBN News marking 12 months since the floods.

2 Likes

Caps:

Promo

3 Likes

Thanks for the caps!

I’m surprised Gavin wore a shirt with the Nine logo on it on air.

2 Likes

Natasha presenting solo tonight, with Gavin presumably travelling back from Lismore today.

1 Like

An ingrained Nine News super on a Lizzie Pearl studio report on interest rates.

2 Likes

No local bulletin for the Northern Rivers and the Gold Coast tonight they airing the Newcastle/Central Coast bulletin up here for some reason. I wonder if the Mid North Coast and the New England got their local news bulletins tonight or the Newcastle one like the Northern Rivers.

2 Likes