NBN News

Historically it was a good catchment for the advertising teams so good to have a local presence. That’s changing now as the demographics of the region change. I think you’ll continue to see NBN putting fewer resources into northern rivers/southern GC.

1 Like

Interesting, Adam Murray presented sport tonight with Mitchell Hughes filing a report….

Not sure if this is a one off or not, but it’s unusual to have the main sport presenter file a report and not presenting.

Adam is Kate’s replacement, so he anchors Thursday to Saturday.

2 Likes

Gavin Morris live in Lismore tonight for a special edition of NBN News marking 12 months since the floods.

2 Likes

Caps:

Promo

3 Likes

Thanks for the caps!

I’m surprised Gavin wore a shirt with the Nine logo on it on air.

2 Likes

Natasha presenting solo tonight, with Gavin presumably travelling back from Lismore today.

1 Like

An ingrained Nine News super on a Lizzie Pearl studio report on interest rates.

2 Likes

No local bulletin for the Northern Rivers and the Gold Coast tonight they airing the Newcastle/Central Coast bulletin up here for some reason. I wonder if the Mid North Coast and the New England got their local news bulletins tonight or the Newcastle one like the Northern Rivers.

2 Likes

They must be having technical issues.

They’d be better off airing the Sydney bulletin than the Newcastle one to northern markets.

1 Like

Yeah I was wondering why the whole bulletin was filled with Newcastle stories and then I saw them do the weather temperatures today for the local area and I was expecting the usual temps for Gold Coast, Lismore, Grafton etc instead it was for Maitland, Newcastle, Gosford etc haha.

3 Likes

There’s usually 3 or 4 Newcastle/Hunter News and sports stories on weeknights that are aired across all markets anyway.

1 Like
4 Likes

Interesting… I’m guessing that means either Will Di Fulvio or Sophie Scanlon are on the move?

Josie is good, have enjoyed the reports she has filed across the network, or has appeared in the Central Coast window.

2 Likes
3 Likes

A Georgie Gardner voiced promo for a special report on electricity bills just appeared on 9NBN, complete with 9News logo in the bottom left corner for all but the last few seconds.

Only the end tag was changed, with the full screen NBN News graphic used at the end of the promo and audio of “NBN News - tonight” which also sounded like Georgie too.

1 Like

I thought this was interesting…

During the 4pm bulletin today, Maggie Raworth was sent up from Sydney to cover the Maitland high school classroom brawl, but Nine used NBN News Taree reporter Rob Douglas to cover the Taree 2 year flood anniversary. He did a good job on that too - he also used an NBN News mic flag too.

Can only think that Maggie will be filing a report on the Maitland incident for the Sydney 6pm bulletin (NBN may take that report or file their own) but the Taree flood anniversary won’t make 6pm Sydney news. Will be interesting to see if Rob Douglas covers that for all of N.NSW or just Mid North Coast window only,

1 Like

TV Networks in Australia are too city centered, Channel 9 doesn’t even know where Maitland!

They got it right today!
It was referred too as “in the Hunter region”.
So someone has bought them a new atlas.

Aside to that, I doubt Maggie would have been sent to Maitland just for a brief 4pm news cross, they would have used someone from NBN News otherwise, like they did for the Taree flood anniversary.

1 Like

Claudia Vrdoljak filed a local report on the Maitland High school assault.
It was lead item on NBN News across N.NSW, as expected.

It was the 3rd item on Nine News Sydney at 6.07pm, covered by Maggie Raworth.

Spotted both mic flags on the Nine report (below).

……

The Taree flood anniversary item was relegated to the local window, as it was aired as the last item on the Central Coast window.

Interestingly Rob Douglas used a (unbranded) lapel mic for that, unlike when he was on the Sydney 4pm bulletin earlier.

1 Like