NBC News

NBC is reportedly scrubbing all evidence of Matt Lauer from its New York headquarters and his old office is being demolished. Lauer’s wife Annette Roque and their two youngest children are said to have flown out to the Netherlands after the news broke. His marriage seems to be over, having survived Roque filing for divorce in 2006.

2 Likes

Ryan is also hosting ‘Live with Kelly & Ryan’.

2 Likes

And he occupies his other time in the morning doing his Los Angeles radio program.

2 Likes

The ratings haven’t gone backwards, so maybe NBC will keep her there for the moment.

1 Like

Should be interesting.

2 Likes

Kelly v Trump Mk II

Hoda and Savannah are just fine on Today. Ratings are going up despite the termination of Lauer 1 and a half weeks ago

2 Likes

Despite? I never liked Lauer so I’m happy he’s gone.

2 Likes

It would be quite a powerful thing if they remained with two female hosts.

3 Likes

I wonder if Hoda and Sav will be a permanent thing?

3 Likes

Confirmation just now that they are.

4 Likes

Although I haven’t seen myself, ratings have apparently improved with Honda as the co-host and if so, it is a good move, as it is brave.

I wonder who will now host (the fourth hour i think) with Kathie-Lee?

Hoda to remain. (Although you’d suspect that might just be for six months or so).

3 Likes

Good decision. She is a great replacement. And add to the fact it’s an all female duo hosting the Today Show. It’s been definetly been much better. Better times ahead for Today.

3 Likes

A great choice and the best thing NBC has done in a while. First all female co hosting duo on breakfast TV in America and first African-American woman to anchor a morning show.

Ratings in fact has been up since Lauer’s firing last November

2 Likes

Pretty sure Diane Swayer & Robin Roberts anchored GMA together for a few years in the mid-2000s

8 Likes

Also Robin Roberts has African American ancestry.

2 Likes

Heres one of the articles, It will be great to hear Hoda’s name on the V/O instead of Matt Lauer’s for a change.

2 Likes

You can hear it here :grinning:

1 Like

Seriously? Robin Roberts and Gayle King are both host of their respective breakfast programs. Soledad O’brien presented Weekend Today for 5 years before moving to CNN to launch a breakfast TV program, American Morning.

Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts who presented GMA together from 2006-2009 are the the first all-female co-hosting duo on Breakfast TV.

6 Likes