NBC News

read it again and think :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

oh ! shit,… lol :stuck_out_tongue: I just realized what happened there :stuck_out_tongue: lmfao my brain aint functioning this morning, who wants me to set me on fire ? (on the internet of course) :stuck_out_tongue:

From a video on Twitter, NBC Today with a clock and news ticker. Don’t know what station it is from. I’ve only seen the clean feed before, as seen on Seven and it’s what NBC posts on social media.

Hertz Arena is in Florida so the station would be the NBC affiliate in Fort Myers.

Correct, WBBH. That 11pt Arial is really killing me, though.

The tickers are inserted on the affiliate level. The NBC font is usually deployed as-is for time and temperature and most do keep it for the actual ticker. Not so here.

Thought this might’ve been coming since Hoda got the top job.

When I first read that headline, for a second I thought it said Kathy Griffin not Kathie Lee Gifford! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve read that Hoda is supposed to be continuing with the fourth hour perhaps with Jenna Bush (vomit). Gifford got kicked to the curb because of her age, apparently.

Not a real fan of Jenna as well. I’d hope that NBC are scouring outside of the company for a replacement.

NBC Today got new Graphics on Monday’s program. I quite like them!

Finally Today has purely 16:9 graphics - it’s bugged me for ages that they had a mix-mash of 16:9 and 4:3 elements.

Putting that aside, the new lower-thirds are fantastic - they’re elegant & don’t use up room just for the sake of it

The ticker is weird, why the text aligned at the bottom of the grey and not in the middle?

The ticker/time/weather is overlayed at a local level. The national feed just has an empty grey bar like in the caps above.

Megyn will reportedly receive a payout of up to US$30 million (A$41 million) from NBC.