My Life is Murder

Just watching an encore now.
It’s terrible… bad scripts, bad acting

1 Like

It just a bit weak.
Audiences expect more these days.

It’s a shame because 5 Bedrooms was a very good production.

1 Like

So I watched last weeks and this weeks and is it a common theme for the cops to show up at the precise time she gets the last word on catching the suspect? It seems comical if it happens in every ep?

This series tries hard but just doesn’t work, as much as I’d like it to.
The way the cases are handed over by Bernard Curry is downright stupid - obviously the real police can’t solve anything on their own unless the killer wears a badge saying “I did it”.
The nail in the coffin for me is the stereotyped “kookie” assistant. What a trite addition - has been done a thousand times before. A nerd male assistant might have worked better with the Lucy Lawless character as a bit of a contrast (also not original, but may have fitted better and been less irritating).
As others have said, the acting, scripts and direction leave a lot to be desired.
Lucy deserves a better vehicle than this.

1 Like

Not many tweets about the season finale tonight, maybe 10 just forgot to promote the episode as it concentrated on The Masked Singer and The Amazing Race Australia. However, the tweets I saw all asked for a season two. If the drama does get renewed I hope the script will be better.

Just started watching this series. Oddly, Ten seemed to show the episodes out of order. Episode three feels like it should have been episode one. Alexa seems to be reconnecting with Kieran at the start, getting to know Msdison for the first time and finds the cat in her house. Strange.

3 Likes

It will be the second Australian drama to premiere on Acorn TV after Ms Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries.
The show’s move to Auckland means Lucy Lawless will be able to film closer to her home.

It might get to a stage that Australian shows are made for international markets because Australians won’t support their own quality shows.

2 Likes

That would be sad.

Although given the ratings show how Australian TV viewers would rather watch mindless reality television (MAFS and The Block being among the worst offenders in recent times) over higher quality productions, unfortunately it’s not a prediction I’d disagree with either!

1 Like

I really tried to like this series, but it was a bit bland. Hopefully the scripts improve next season.

More local content is never a bad thing though, and two things 10 really needs is content and more drama.

1 Like

Except this wasn’t quality.

Season 1 will stream on Acorn TV from January 4 next year.

Season 2 is currently filming in Auckland and will feature ten episodes.
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/what-to-watch/news-feed/my-life-is-murder-local-spin-off

2 Likes

This made me laugh

The New Zealand spin-off (after a successful Melbourne-based series)

If it was so successful, a second season of the ‘original’ series would’ve been greenlit.

2 Likes

Elsewhere, the second season of My Life is Murder (10×60’), a Greenstone TV production for TVNZ, Acorn TV and DCD Rights in association with Australia’s Network 10, is currently in production in New Zealand. S2 has been presold to Alibi; The Walt Disney Company in Portugal, Portuguese-speaking Africa and the Balkans; Acorn TV for the Netherlands, Central America and South America; and TV2 Denmark.

New deals have also been secured for S1 to NBCUniversal International Networks for Universal TV in Africa; The Walt Disney Company in the Balkans; Acorn TV in the UK, Australia and New Zealand; and TV2 Denmark.

Season 2 premieres on Acorn on August 30, with broadcasts on TVNZ and 10 to follow later.

3 Likes

A great get. And wasn’t it also Acorn that got first run of S2 of Ms Fishers Modern Mysteries (which I’m looking forward to seeing)

Ms Fisher’s Modern Murder Mysteries season 2 has been on Acorn since 7 June 2021. Everything local seems to be moving to a streaming service.