My Life is Murder

I’m not dismissing it based on the promo although I’m not blown away by it. I was hoping there was going to be more humoir in it but i didn’t get that vibe from the promo. I think Harrow is a brilliant procedural.

The Five Bedrooms promos weren’t brilliant but I think the show is. So you can’t always judge a book by its promo. :wink:

1 Like

Whereas I found the promo really good then haven’t got into the actual show.

Premieres Wednesday July 17 at 8:30pm.

2 Likes

I would have thought they’d follow the Week after Five Bedrooms ended. But I guess it’s wise they aren’t putting the debut up against the final State of Origin.

2 Likes

Murder And Mystery Have A New Home.

Premieres Wednesday 17 July At 8.30pm

Murder and mystery will have a new home when My Life Is Murder premieres on Wednesday, 17 July at 8.30pm.

Complex, contrary and confident, Alexa Crowe (Lucy Lawless) is an ex homicide detective who was proud of her work and spectacularly good at it. She’s fearless, playful and acts on instinct. She’s both an avenging angel and a bit of a shit stirrer. She can be deeply empathetic or blunt to the point of rudeness, and she’s also got a deeply irreverent sense of humour.

Very few people know the full truth about why or how she left the police. What we know is that her husband, fellow cop Gary, died a few years ago.

Enter former colleague and long-time friend Detective Inspector Kieran Hussey (Bernard Curry) who quickly realises it would only be a matter of time until Alexa started sticking her nose in cases that intrigued her. So, he might as well get the benefit of her talent on some of his trickier cases and brings her back to “consult”.

Joining Alexa to solve the unsolvable is the bubbly, sarcastic, ambitious and grounded, Madison (Ebony Vagulans). A true extrovert, Madison works as a Data Analyst for the Police and is on hand at Alexa’s call to do what she does best.

My Life Is Murder features a stellar line-up of series regulars and guests including Danielle Cormack, Don Hany, Lisa Hensley, Magda Szubanski, Nadine Garner, Ryan Corr and Dilruk Jayasinha.

My Life Is Murder is a CJZ production for Network 10. Principle production investment from Network 10 in association with Screen Australia. Financed with support from Film Victoria.

Click here for a sneak peek.

The first episode of My Life Is Murder will be exclusive to 10 Play on Wednesday, 10 July from 12.00pm for 48 hours.

3 Likes

The promos for this show just really aren’t selling it for me, will still check it out however.

Is this the first time these people have been announced as regulars? There’s quite a few well known names there.

Those are all guests.

The three main regulars are Lucy Lawless, Bernard Curry and Ebony Vagulans.

1 Like

Oops, I missed the “and guests” part - thanks.

Anyone else watched this on TenPlay yet ? keen to hear peoples thoughts

Wow - it’s all kinds of bad

What a weird casting Choice
Nothing looks crime or thrilling about it at all!
The music and copy in that promo are so off - I took nothing away from that promo at all - except it’s a crime show

That’s it

That promo is really bad and the show looks so vanilla.

It seems like they couldn’t put a good promo together. I’ve read somewhere it’s thriller and dramatic but also quirky and comedic. You don’t get that vibe from that promo.

Pretty weak first episode from what I’ve seen. Not my cup of tea but I guess the “case of the week” structure might help lure casual viewers in rather than an ongoing series.

Lucy Lawless pressing a button

1 Like

C21Media reports the series will be aired on UK crime channel Alibi from September this year.

I don’t mind it, easy enough watching but definitely a big step down from Five Bedrooms.
Not shocking, but not wonderful. Run of the mill drama. Scenery is nice :joy:.

2 Likes

Episode two is scheduled for 9:15pm next week.

And with that, it’s dead.

10 still have no idea. Can CBS initiate a full take over now please? It’s getting really old.

Hard on the heels of its successful premiere on 10 earlier this month, the hit new Australian drama series My Life Is Murder has spawned an animated spin-off series on 10 play.

The six-episode series, My Name Is Captain Thunderbolt (Sometimes), launches this Wednesday 24 July, and is the first animated series made for 10 play.

The series is based on a cat named Captain Thunderbolt, who wanders into the apartment of Alexa Crowe – the lead character in My Life Is Murder – and takes up residence. Captain Thunderbolt appears in the television series. In the animated series, he has become a private detective, investigating Alexa’s life to decide if he should stay with her.

My Name Is Captain Thunderbolt (Sometimes) was written by Network 10’s digital editor Liz Galinovic and Hannah Fitzpatrick, script editor for My Life Is Murder.

In developing the 10 play series, Network 10 formed a unique partnership with the University of Newcastle’s animation school to enable a group of talented recent graduates to work on the project and bring Captain Thunderbolt to life.

Network 10 head of drama Rick Maier said:

“Captain Thunderbolt is clearly a star going places. Not only deserving of a show in his own right, this also helps us defray the significant cost of his management, entourage, Winnebago and extensive backstage rider. This is a series for lovers of mystery and/or man’s second best friend.”

My Name Is Captain Thunderbolt (Sometimes) will be available from Wednesday 24 July.

https://10play.com.au/my-life-is-murder/articles/my-life-is-murder-gets-animated/tpa190722eptka

1 Like

Alexa’s stray cat Thunderbolt

I watched last weeks episode early on 10 play and tried watching tonight’s following Survivor, but it’s just flat and boring. The writing is uninspiring and the acting IMO is ordinary. I had high hopes for this show and the genre being done in Australia in general.

1 Like