My Life is Murder

Casting criticism has started.

Oh for goodness sake.

4 Likes

Ten is a private business and can cast who it likes. I get his point. I disagree completely with the ABC and SBS casting actors born overseas in anything. Call that extreme but when the Australian industry is gasping for air to breathe and live – taxpayer funds shouldn’t be spent casting actors who have ample opportunities in their own countries of origin.

Are ten even the ones who cast?

1 Like

I am not sure. The production company might but the network would surely influence it?

Dan obviously thinks Jessica Marais and Asher Keddie aren’t getting enough work. The show should never have been considered without those names attached.

3 Likes

LOL. Someone from A Place to Call Home or Wentworth could be good as they’ll be out of work soon. Jess has Bad Moms and Asher is authoring now I think.

If New Zealanders are to be ruled out of Australian TV dramas, there are some prominent actors that should not have been considered for roles; Rebecca Gibney for example.

4 Likes

And part of the cast of A Place To Call Home is Kiwi too.

The show will be streamed in the US by Acorn next year following 10’s broadcast.
https://www.c21media.net/my-life-is-murder-planted-at-acorn-tv/

1 Like

Great! I love it when Aussie shows are shown abroad, although American audiences rarely seem to like our stuff. I think Mr Inbetween has had good success on FX basic cable in America though.

Bernard Curry and Ebony Vagulans have joined the cast.
Filming for the series starts in Melbourne on Monday, February 11.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/gossip-queen-xena-star-lucy-lawless-has-murder-on-her-mind/news-story/dd88520a91da06b919cc7dcb04565e07

Killer Cast. Killer Show.

Lucy Lawless, Bernard Curry And Ebony Vagulans Set To Star In My Life Is Murder.

As the kids these days would say, we are just DEAD over this killer announcement.

Brand new Australian contemporary mystery series, My Life Is Murder , will commence filming in Melbourne tomorrow, Monday, 11 February.

The iconic and world renowned Lucy Lawless ( Xena: Warrior Princess, Spartacus, The Code ) will star as Alexa Crowe, a compelling, charismatic and complex homicide detective.

Fearless and unapologetic, Alexa’s unique insights into the darker quirks of human nature allow her to prod, provoke and push every felon’s right and wrong buttons as she unravels the truth behind the most baffling and bizarre crimes. And as many a crim can attest, underestimate Alexa at your own peril.

Joining Lucy and rounding out the power trio behind the My Life Is A Murder throne, are the dynamic and talented Bernard Curry ( Home and Away , Wentworth ) and brilliant newcomer and NIDA graduate Ebony Vagulans.

Network 10’s Head of Drama, Rick Maier, said: “A star vehicle for Lucy. The best actors in the country guesting each week. And Bernie and Ebony completing the dream cast for this dream project. Should be a ton of fun.”

CJZ’s Head of Drama Development, Claire Tonkin, said: “What a joy to be working with Lucy, Bernard and Ebony, a spectacular guest cast and a creative team of this calibre as we bring these characters and stories to life.”

My Life Is Murder is a CJZ production for Network 10. Principle production investment from Network 10 in association with Screen Australia. Financed with support from Film Victoria. International distribution will be handled by DCD Rights.

2 Likes

First look - doesn’t look as dark as I was imagining it to be.

1 Like

Caps from promo seen tonight

2 Likes

Why can’t Australia do good crime drama without it looking naff? What is it? same production companies making different shows or we just cant escape enough to make something like a crime procedure show believable? Blue Heelers was the last good one.

1 Like

You haven’t even even seen it yet? :roll_eyes:

Why do people whinge about local shows before they’ve even seen a single episode?

1 Like

That trailer doesn’t make me want to watch it. I can already see its another Secrets and Lies or Bad Mothers vibe. But it is weird cause ABC seems to get them right. It must be network TV imput that makes them all stock standard. Like you can tell by watching a show what channel it comes from if you didn’t know i reckon.