My Kitchen Rules

Melodrama? :wink:

1 Like

Night 2 and they’ve dropped the theme song and with that, intros of each team in the group.

Was there a theme song last night?

No, there was no theme song for the season premiere like past few years.

2 Likes

Cost saving?

1 Like

Seeing how they saw fit to run with two hour episodes, surely a one minute theme could’ve helped pad it out.

But yeah, could also be a cost saving. Take the My Restaurant Rules repeats on 7Food - they’ve cut the Dandy Warhols song out and replaced it with a lyric-free bit of production music that has a vague resemblance.

2 Likes

No, they often cut opening credits these days to get straight into the show in an effort to prevent viewers channel surfing.

If you look closely, the opening credits have been edited so I’d say they were part of the original broadcast and will screen overseas.

I actually think the theme song is an important part of the show. It’s very familiar to viewers and not something you want to get rid of.

4 Likes

Except when the rights to a Justice Crew song are cheaper than a Ke$ha one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But the updated theme overtook the first one and achieved legendary status. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

7 says MKR had 1.9 million streaming minutes, up 64% year on year. Wonder how this compares to MAFS?

1 Like

After 2 episodes of Mkr nothing has changed
Absolute total bull shit
Time to watch some awesome drama online

This show is plain boring. Same old ‘villains’ and the same shit they talk about does my head in.

Seven seems to have addressed everything else…but the problem which is the bitching. They need to go Masterchef style and focus on creativity and food (dare I say it, lean towards more Come Dine with Me).

My observation of My Kitchen Rules for 2019: Pete Evans May not have put any flouride in his mouth over the past year…but the colour of his teeth suggests that he does not mind coating his teeth in peroxide every few hours. Thank goodness I had my Raybans with me.

1 Like

I used to watch quite a bit of MKR in the last few years, but have hardly watched it this year. I think I am over it.

I agree. MKR needs villains we can hate. At the moment we have badly acted, stereotypical, shallow, cartoon like villains who are one dimensional and scripted.

The best villains are like the ones we know in real life. Not the villains on the show, who would have no friends in real life, if they acted the same way behind the camera as they do in front of the camera.

Yeah I think it’s too obvious that these two boys are trying to be the villain. It just doesn’t seem natural.

1 Like

Without sounding like a broken record, last night’s ratings has surely got to be a record low. I know Seven has filmed this way in advance, but they need to speed up the pace of the show and edit out the ‘villain’ element in Group 2 of the Instant restaurants. At the moment the show is insufferable and predictable.

1 Like

That ship has sailed on numerous fronts…

There are villains we love to hate and villains that just make us turn off. Josh and Austin fall into the latter category. If the producers try too hard to contrive and recruit a pair of villains, it shows and people see through it.

2 Likes