My Kitchen Rules

Week 1 on MKR 2019

Season 10 Episode 1: Stacey & Ash, NSW - Instant Restaurant

Engaged Byron Bay influencers Stacey & Ash want to post good vibes on a plate. But as the sweethearts lose their cool, the table gets personal and team tactics are revealed.

Season 10 Episode 2: Amanda & Blake, WA - Instant Restaurant

Can proud Perth siblings Amanda & Blake turn their humble beginnings into a grand finale? Meanwhile, Josh’s table manners go from bad to worse as the home schoolers refuse to learn a lesson.

Season 10 Episode 3: Karito & Ian, WA - Instant Restaurant

Family heritage is on the line as Karito & Ian showcase the food and fire of her native Colombia. But will their Latin fiesta become a fiasco? Meanwhile, Ibby’s ready to confess.

2 Likes

Mick and Jodie-Anne Barlow from this season’s group 1 served a sausage sizzle during the RACV Australia Day Festival in Kings Domain today. It was only possible after Seven replaced Nine as sponsor of this year’s Australia Day festivities in Victoria.

1 Like

The Australian’s Media Diary says today Seven had to change the back stories of Josh and Austin before tonight’s season premiere. Josh and Austin was initially labelled “home schooled Christians” from Sydney, but after they made provocative comments on other teams and the dishes they cooked during the instant restaurant stage, the production team had to re-film and re-edit the brothers’ back stories and change their label to “home schooled brothers”.

2 Likes

Do you mean the little label under their names when they do the recaps to camera? Because they were definitely introduced as Christians, and pictured outside a church.

2 Likes

Oh I thought Josh and Austin were a couple from the ads.

1 Like

Two changes so far: guest teams were able to see the host team’s menu before each instant restaurant, and a new MKR restaurant at Waterloo in Sydney’s south which would be used in the latter stages of the season.

2 Likes

Make that three - Manu spruiking finder.com.au in the ad breaks.

The new extras/Coles promo endboard is quite nice too.

Should have gone with “home schooled dickheads”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

100% agree, some of their comments at the table went too far. They are clearly the villains out of this group.

1 Like

Clearly they have not learnt normal social cues from being home schooled throughout their parents missionaries. Once they get called out on it a few times they should learn to pull their heads in a bit, as their comments to everybody about first impressions were harsh especially to the Peruvian ladies. I suspect the Model Agency owner/Restaurant owner/Registered Nurse couple will ultimately be the true villains.

One thing I have always liked is how the ‘villains’ often score quite fairly, and it is the other teams who will go low compared to the average.

1 Like

I agree, I think the contestants should be made to give their scores in front of everyone and before Pete and Manu have given their scores.

6 Likes

MKR down 366k from last year’s launch with MAFS up 88k and Celebrity unaffected. I would say MKR is on its way out and depending how things pan out, next year could be its final season.

I think we all expected it but a bit quick to be the prophet of doom based on one night.

2 Likes

Why couldn’t H and A have been at 7pm and 7.30pm MKR ?

1 Like

And so would Home and Away against A Current Affair.

Yes, I think it’s a strategy to stop viewers from going from H&A to MAFS at 7:30, hoping that they stick with MKR.

1 Like

Well I am glad for the sake of Australian drama the 7pm experiment didn’t quite work out.

I wouldn’t classify a soap opera like Home and Away as drama.

1 Like

I would.

1 Like