My Kitchen Rules

Since the start of this series, Seven have been running daily MKR radio adverts on various radio stations in Brisbane across the day. These are of the style “you won’t believe what happens when” and “you haven’t seen anything like this before” (that was yesterday’s) and always quite specific to the night’s episode including audio grabs.

But today I heard promos that went something like “watch out Australia, someone is being kicked off My Kitchen Rules.[pause] Tonight after Home and Away…”. Now AFIK there is no team even going home tonight and tomorrow is a normal elimination which means the team being kicked off won’t be shown for another month. Or is there something I’m missing? Seems like false advertising to me.

Well, there has been a story that Seven have been pedalling since before the show started that a team gets kicked off the show and they have teased in promos a few times “Is this the night a team is sent home?” Maybe it’s finally happening. It could be tonight or more likely tomorrow night.

Agree that if it happens after the break, it would be very deceiving.

And surely everyone knows who it is by now as well.

It was like the ads this is the comment that will divide australia. They plugged that as tomorrow for nearly a week.

1 Like

The misleading radio ads continue today.

Really?

A lot of media outlets are reporting which couple leaves.

1 Like

The curious part about the 2 warring teams at the centre of this confrontation, which happened in Launceston, is that one of them has already been eliminated.

So why has the 2nd team, who haven’t yet been eliminated, still there now?

Shouldn’t they have been kicked off already?

Manu confirmed at the start of tonight’s cook-off that it was the last time teams would be cooking at the Elimination House. The final eight teams would go into the ultimate instant restaurant stage where one team would be booted out.

1 Like

Thats when one team gets kicked out as all the articles say that the producers decided to continue the show with 7 teams.

1 Like

And as I said earlier, the radio adverts this week have been giving the impression that a team would be kick off this week, when it won’t happen for over 3 weeks are very misleading.

1 Like

The show will indeed have a three week break and return after the Commonwealth Games. The promo at the end of tonight’s episode not only shows the verbal argument which led to one team booted out, it also showed paramedics treating a contestant. Looks very serious.

1 Like

I am a bit confused…

After seeing the promo that just aired at the end of tonight’s MKR, the incident that led to the eviction now appears to be something else altogether.

1 Like

So it turns out the promos for this week have been very misleading, making us think it was going to happen this week.

Then again, when the season started they did suggest that the team kicked out would happen in an Instant Restaurant round. Although it did seem like it was going to happen in one of the earlier rounds, it will actually happen in that type of round.

4 Likes

AFTER THE COMMONWEALTH GAMES ON MKR…

THE SUPER DINNER PARTIES ARE HERE!

As our Top 8 teams return to their homes to deliver the most important three course meal of their lives, one team will be thrown out of the competition. High drama, scandal and exceptional food is on the table as cocktail couple Alex & Emily, truffle farmers Henry & Anna, sisters Jess & Emma, brothers Josh & Nic, mums Kim & Suong, cooking comrades Olga & Valeria, besties Sonya & Hadil and waitresses Stella & Jazzey compete to secure their place in the 2018 MKR Finals.

Looks like Seven have taken a leaf out of Nine’s MAFS book of over exaggeration for their MKR promotion.

“The most explosive dinner parties in television history are about to erupt” :joy:

7 Likes

It’s remarkable how many ‘historic’ moments apparently happen on Australian TV

6 Likes

Hopefully it’s Hadil and the other chick who are booted.

1 Like

MY KITCHEN RULES returns after the Commonwealth Games
with the Super Dinner Parties and Finals

As our Top 8 teams return to their homes to deliver the most important three course meal of their lives, which team will be thrown out of the competition?

High drama, scandal and exceptional food is on the table as these teams compete to secure their place in the 2018 MKR Finals:

• Cocktail couple Alex & Emily, QLD
  • Truffle farmers Henry & Anna, TAS
  • Sisters Jess & Emma, NSW
  • Italian brothers Josh & Nic, NSW
  • Supermums Kim & Suong, VIC
  • Cooking comrades Olga & Valeria, NSW
  • Besties Sonya & Hadil, NSW
  • Waitresses Stella & Jazzey, WA
3 Likes

Seven doesn’t need any pointers from Nine to produce an exaggerated promo. They been making them for years. Apparently there is some SCANDAL coming up :open_mouth:

mp4_000011901mp4_000010944mp4_000012170mp4_000033194mp4_000041870mp4_000049702mp4_000053938

4 Likes