My Kitchen Rules

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they actually filmed that on a different day to the instant restaurant.

1 Like

It would be very unusual if the shopping and the instant restaurant were filmed on different - if not consecutive- days, because the weather could be good one day and bad the next.
I’ve just found TVNZ 2 in New Zealand is fasttracking the current season. In the past, the Australian series was shown in NZ weeks or months after us. The current season started on TVNZ 2 on February 12 with the first group 1 instant restaurant and is shown on Monday to Wednesday nights. Given MKR airs only three nights a week in NZ compared with 4-5 nights per week on Seven, NZ viewers will be well behind Australia when the show takes a break for the Commonwealth Games.

1 Like

The two Victorian teams from group 1, Kim & Suong and Roula & Rachael, will meet and greet fans at Geelong’s Pako Festa this Saturday (February 24) from 1.30pm to 2.30pm.

1 Like

Like Amy and Tyson last season, Sonia and Hadil was the last team to cook and made the highest score of the round. The Jordanians pipped Georgie and Alicia by one point to take top spot, leaving Matt & Aly and Pat & Louisa to fight it out at the Elimination House.
For the first time in the show’s history, four teams scored 100 points or above during an instant restaurant round. Seems that having to cater for more guests made teams really determined to succeed.

1 Like

Or the producers set it up that way, knowing that these people can cook and put in the same round. And all the duds were in the other round. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

From Seven:

7.30PM MONDAY ON MKR

DEFENCE FORCE COUPLE MATT & ALY AND MUM AND DAUGHTER PAT & LOUISA FACE OFF IN ELIMINATION HOUSE

The power to send our second team home is in the hands of Group 1 as they become guests and jury at MKR’s Elimination House. Plus, Colin Fassnidge is back to crack the whip!

1 Like

Having two additional teams in each round has probably contributed to that.

6 Likes

Indeed. Surprised and shocked @JohnsonTV did not realise that. :wink:

1 Like

Although looking at their scores its likely all would have scored 100 even with one less team.

Edit: there are two new teams. Note to self read all posts.

3 Likes

The high of 114/130 equates to 96.5/110 , so the 100+ scores last year are better.

The Russians have been completely unflustered by anything Hadil or anyone else has said. I think they are too cool-headed to do anything that would get them thrown out. I would favour Woman’s Day being correct.

The Russians have also been giving much higher scores than you’d expect after their all harsh comments on the food.

3 Likes

Pete told group 1 in tonight’s elimination episode that he and Manu gave out more 10s to group 2 than any other group in MKR history. The judges must have really liked the food.
Like two weeks ago, the full guest team scores were not revealed on air and we will have to wait until tomorrow for the clips to be posted on MKR website for the scoring breakdown.

1 Like

There has been no title/theme song with the teams featured play after the recaps in the Elimination House episodes so far, just the same MKR title card that is always seen before the recaps at the start of an episode.

Probably because it mixes up the two groups. and they’d new opening titles. Probably will have a new set of opening titles after the next elimination.

2 Likes

Pat and Louisa were thrashed by Matt and Aly in last night’s cook-off. The mother and daughter team scored 36 which was lower than their instant restaurant score of 49. The biggest mistake they made was forgetting to turn on the oven when they were making veal pizzaiola for the main, forcing to cook the veal in the sauce on the pan. The result was some pieces of veal were overcooked.

2 Likes

Applications are open for the next season of MKR now so believe it or not, MKR isn’t dead yet and will be going into a 10th season, how incredible is that!!

Onto this season, after tonight I’m really not liking this Group 1 v Group 2 rivalry that will be happening for the remainder of this series. It was much better in past series when all the teams came together as one group after the instant restaurants and the groups only went as far as the initial instant restaurants.

The clips of guest teams scoring both Pat & Louisa and Matt & Aly in last night’s cook off were posted on MKR website this afternoon. Stuss & Steve gave Pat & Louisa a 1 but I could not believe Alex and Emily gave them a 5. Scoring for Matt & Aly had an even bigger contrast: Roula and Rachael gave an 8 yet Josh and Nic gave only a 3.

1 Like

Tonight’s first people’s choice challenge for group 1 is to produce a high tea at the Hydro Majestic Hotel near Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, which are apparently very popular at this hotel. Group 2 and the public will be scoring their dishes. The teams had to go to Coles in Katoomba to get their ingredients after they got their instructions at the hotel before returning back there again; seemed a bit strange that the ingredients weren’t already there for them but maybe they needed the Coles product placement in the episode…

In the end, most of the dishes group 1 served up didn’t really seem like the traditional sort of dishes you are supposed to get for a high tea, as people on social media have pointed out saying they were disgusted with…

2 Likes

At least this time they didn’t have to drive over the other side of Sydney to get it!

1 Like

Tonight’s group 2 cooking challenge was filmed at last year’s St Ives Medieval Faire at St Ives Showground in Sydney’s north. The seven teams had no electricity to use appliances or stoves so they had to use manual kitchen utensils to prepare food and cook it on coal barbecue. I think it was filmed on the first day of the faire (September 23) given the second and final day was Total Fire Ban so no open air fire was allowed.
Coincidentally 7mate’s screenPLAY also filmed a segment at the faire. I wonder if the two crews had met?

2 Likes

The advertised dispute tonight was with Roula and Rachael not agreeing with the judges critiques of Olga and Valeria’s dish. Roula and Rachael thought the Russians’ dish was bad when the judges were praising it.