My Kitchen Rules

I was trying to work out which Coles it was they went to in Launceston. Only last month I went on a trip around Tasmania, including staying in Launceston and as it turns out, I was staying right around the corner from this particular Coles store in Mowbray!! I was keeping an eye out for some of the sights of Launceston as they were driving around there. At one stage, I thought I saw them driving up a street in the direction of Cataract Gorge, was that correct. I thought it would have to be Launceston they would go to find a Coles store. Unfortunately, there wasn’t time enough in my schedule to fit in visiting Deloraine since I did know at the time that this is where Henry & Anna were from. It was nice to be able to relate to all this after just having visited there not long ago.

Did you take lots of photos of all the Coles supermarkets in Tassie in preparation for MKR?

1 Like

Umm no. Where is this coming from? I didn’t even realise how close I was to the one Henry & Anna visited until @ando9185 mentioned it. Do you honestly have to make fun of me every time I try and make conversation?

I don’t have to but your Seven obsession is amusing so I can’t help it. :wink:

3 Likes

That’s not very nice.

2 Likes

You’re right. I’ve chastised myself accordingly.

There are several more 10s coming up this instant restaurant round according to a new promo I just saw. I’m so glad to see that there will actually still be some good cooking ahead!!

2 Likes

It appeared as though the WA boys went to Coles at Innaloo but then there was a sign inside saying they were at Warwick Grove Coles. Is it possible they were at two different Coles stores and the producers were trying to trick us into thinking they went to just the one?

Given that there are Thursday episodes for the next several weeks, I don’t think so; at least for this particular reason.

1 Like

Probably more to do with the Comm Games disrupting the schedule shortly.

7 Likes

Roula and Rachael have revealed to the Sunday Herald Sun what happened behind the scenes during filming of this season.
Rachael said:

“We are dropped off (at the location) at 2pm, it was always 2pm, and not allowed to have a phone or watch with us.”

I always thought the teams arrived at the location at around 5pm.
If contestants were not allowed to wear watches, how did they know what time it was?
The article also says:

No snacking was allowed despite the long hours between courses with bag checks ensuring nibbles weren’t smuggled on set.
Contestants were also told not to engage with other teams off-set during the instant restaurant filming block.

1 Like

Don’t cars have the time? It’s not like they aren’t allowed to use phones before getting dropped off.

3 Likes

Tonight’s Instant Restaurant with the 2 Russian contestants, Olga and Valeria, needed a taxi to take them grocery shopping.

It’s the first time I’ve seen that. The meter was shown at one stage to be $116. :astonished:
I hope they don’t do their grocery shopping that way every week.

2 Likes

In each of the Group 2 episodes I’m yet to see Pat & Louisa with the rest of the teams as they walk to the IR. They are there at the door when it’s opened, but I haven’t seen them walking with the other teams before then.
Tonight there was a side-on shot at the door and they weren’t there, then all of a sudden they were there in the view from the door.

And I don’t believe their guest scores were included in the videos uploaded of the guest scores for the group 1 elimination from Elimination House. I wonder what’s happening here…

I think the whole cost of the ride ended up being about $240. They needed a taxi because Olga doesn’t drive and Valeria is on her L-Plates.

2 Likes

Not showing Pat and Louisa’s scores in group 1 elimination and their faces as they walked up to each instant restaurant indicated they could be the team which was evicted from competition.
Olga and Valeria’s taxi ride cost just under $300. That’s a very expensive shopping trip.

2 Likes

I don’t see how that makes sense about them not shown arriving at each instant restaurant. It’s not like they go back and film that bit later.

Maybe there’s a health issue for Pat or Louisa so they couldn’t walk to the front doors. An injured foot or something like that.

2 Likes

Olga and Valeria could walk the walk and talk the talk. The ladies impressed the guests and guest teams with traditional Russian dishes especially the White Russian dessert, although lack of salt prevented the team from receiving perfect 10s for the entree and the main. Nevertheless, Olga and Valeria managed to top the group on 108 points, just one point above Henry and Anna.
This week’s Woman’s Day claims that it was Sonia and Hadil who were evicted from competition during the ultimate instant restaurant round.

1 Like

to the front door?

It’s strenuous work. Some contestants didn’t even do that, sending the rumour mill into a spin. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes