My Kitchen Rules

There was speculation that was later on in the series although as the incident happened in Launceston, it could happen in the next week as the Tassie group are in group 2.

3 Likes

No, the other eight teams in group 2 would be scoring the menus alongside Pete and Menu. I wonder if those eight teams had done their own instant restaurants before tonight’s cook-off?

Either way, it doesn’t matter because they’re only scoring to eliminate a team so it doesn’t matter if there are more teams scoring now or the next time around.

That’s exactly what I was wondering. I suppose you would know if the new teams appear to know each other or not when they arrive and talk to each other around the table tonight. I’m not sure how the group 2 elimination will work with one team already eliminated from group 1. It certainly won’t be the same and the bottom two teams of this group won’t have the same suspense Ash and Matty & Stella and Jazzey had at the start of the episode tonight; they’ll know what to expect!!

This episode tonight goes for 2 hours too, you know that right? It’s basically the same length as the finale; normally there are no other episodes as long as the finale throughout the whole series.

1 Like

I notice MKR airs for over 2 hours tonight, is that normal?

No, it’s normally 7:30pm to 9pm.

Only the Grand Final in each season is normally 2-2.5 hours.

1 Like

Did you not read my comment above? I said the same thing about the length of the episode…

The extra run time would be because eight new teams need to be introduced, and it’s six courses instead of three.

Not everyone reads every post. Don’t take it personally if somebody repeats something you’ve already said.

10 Likes

Well I’m starting to see why the extra run time is required. Entree is only just being finished plating up now…

How dare they not? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Maybe by the time next elimination cook-off it will be back to 90 minutes.
Pete told the guests in tonight’s episode that every elimination cook-off would be held in this mansion. It probably means Kitchen HQ would be left for semi finals and grand final.

1 Like

Next elimination cook-off is back to 90 minutes long, I can confirm that from the long-term guide. I’m not sure Pete used those exact words. He said that every time there is a cook-off in this house, it will be an elimination and one team will be going home. It doesn’t mean that every elimination will be held here. I certainly hope not anyway, Kitchen HQ is the rightful place to have most eliminations not this random house!! I like seeing Kitchen HQ, the main HQ of MKR, so I will be disappointed to not see it as much. Would that also mean we wouldn’t see as much of the guest judges? I’ll miss seeing Karen as a judge, Liz & Guy if that’s the case.

Calm down, mate.

They’re trying to shake things up to make it interesting. If they did the same thing every year, people will tune out faster.

1 Like

Tonight’s cook-off is two hours long yet Seven will not show the guest team scores on air. Yet again we have to wait until the scores are posted on the MKR website to find out how teams rated the dishes.

1 Like

Yes, only the total combined score for the 8 teams were revealed during the show, but not what each couple scored the 2 teams individually.

Funny how the show went for over 2 hours and they STILL couldn’t find a way to include that.

2 Likes

A two hour broadcast? Could have just shown it live. I have eaten a 6 course meal quicker than that.

1 Like

But have you cooked a three course meal quicker than that?

2 Likes

There were quite a lot of strategic scoring in Sunday’s episode as some teams tried to push Jess and Emma into elimination. Could not believe Stella and Jazzey giving 9/10 for the instant restaurant though. In the end it was the white chocolate cheesecake which saved the day for the Sydney sisters.
Tonight’s cook-off showed the huge gap between the two bottom placed teams from group 1. Ash and Matty’s vegetarian menu was too simple and guest teams did not like it. 67 out of 140 was a fair reflection of the couple’s cooking.

2 Likes

Ash and Matty were up against it from the beginning when he freely admitted “he can’t cook”, and it was a telling factor in the end. He was also very slow at tasks like chopping food.

1 Like

Turns out the mansion used in last night’s elimination had been used for many video shoots before as well as a season of Beauty and the Geek Australia. It’s known as Longuevue and located at Kenthurst in the north western outskirts of Sydney.

1 Like