My Kitchen Rules

No doubt someone from Seven will see this and have that on their promos in the future.

1 Like

Completely unrelated question, how do I trademark a phrase?

3 Likes

They’ve already been using that one since like a month ago; ‘The time to dine is Jan 29’…

2 Likes

MKR 2018

Pete Evans and Manu Feildel are back with a ninth season of Australia’s most popular and hotly contested cooking show, MY KITCHEN RULES… and this year, it’s not just the teams who are opening their front doors!

With supersized Instant Restaurants and an elimination twist that turns the competition on its head, this is MY KITCHEN RULES as you’ve never seen it before.

Pete and Manu are joined by Colin Fassnidge to help judge the new batch of aspiring home cooks. Also returning to Kitchen HQ in 2018 are guest judges Karen Martini, Guy Grossi and Liz Egan.

The teams competing in MKR 2018 are:

GROUP 1
Josh & Nic, NSW - Italiano brothers
Alex & Emily, QLD - Cocktail couple
Roula & Rachael, VIC - Friends with attitude
Kim & Suong, VIC - Melbourne mums
Ash & Matty, QLD - Sunny Coast surfies
Stuss & Steve, QLD - Best buddies
Stella & Jazzey, WA - Waitresses
Jess & Emma, NSW - Sisters

GROUP 2
Henry & Anna, TAS - Truffle farmers
Dan & Gemma, SA - In-laws
Davide & Marco, WA - Lifelong mates
Olga & Valeria, NSW - Cooking comrades
Georgie & Alicia, NSW - Confident siblings
Matt & Aly, QLD - Defence force foodies
Pat & Louisa, NSW - Mum and daughter
Sonya & Hadil, NSW - Besties

Each team will take turns to transform an ordinary home into a supersized Instant Restaurant. They’ll plate up a three-course menu designed to impress the judges and their fellow teams in the hope of avoiding a sudden death cook off and possible elimination.

Remaining teams will face the most intense location challenges and eliminations yet as they try to stay in the competition for the Ultimate Instant Restaurant round, before our finalists battle it out in Kitchen HQ.

Another $250,000 is up for grabs when MKR 2018 premieres Monday Jan 29 on Seven.

1 Like

Gee!

6 NSW teams. Followed by 4 QLD, 2 VIC & WA and 1 SA & TAS. Are they wanting one specific state to win?

1 Like

Does Ultimate Instant Restaurant transform into Instant Hotel if too much wine is consumed at dinner and the visiting contestants have to sleep over?

1 Like

No. Just one of the best ones. :wink:

1 Like

Group 1

1 Like

Group 2

1 Like

Means there’s still some guessing to work out which team got booted off the series after the fight.

1 Like

Having 8 teams in each group of instant restaurants eliminated the need for intruders, but it also meant guest chefs/judges like Colin Fassnidge would not appear until the sudden death cook-off for each group.

1 Like

Thank goodness there isn’t a secret round this year. Maybe it will make it a bit more tolerable for people without the instant restaurant stage dragging on for too long with three groups. The secret round is probably being replaced by whatever happens in the house we have seen Pete and Manu at in all those promos.

According to the Hit+TV guide in today’s Herald Sun, Sydney boys Josh and Nic would be the first team to cook when the new season begins next Monday.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be a secret if you knew about it up front…

3 Likes

Yes it could, it could be a round that is secret in that you know there is a round that has a secret to it, but you just don’t know what that secret is.

1 Like

I’m referring to like a ‘Colin’s round’ here of course. Last year, we knew about it from the start because it had been a ‘secret round’ for the past two years so it couldn’t really be a ‘secret’ round anymore if everyone knew it was coming. However you are right in saying something else could be happening instead that we don’t know about yet this year, like whatever happens when the teams show up at Pete and Manu’s mansion…

According to a sneak peek shown this evening after Seven News Melbourne, there would be at least three outdoor team challenges, including one on a sports field and one on a suburban street in Sydney.

Good observation. You do realise that every year on MKR there are outdoor team “People’s Choice” challenges after all the instant restaurant rounds…

I know there will be outdoor challenges. But when one of them is held during a public event, why is it not promoted on the show’s social media outlets so the public can apply to be diners?

Perhaps they are cooking for a specific set of people rather than the public?