My Kitchen Rules

That sounds awful. Most of the appeal is them saying things at the dinner parties that shock or stir people up. Having them do it behind the scenes would completely ruin that.

I reckon it is designed to make contestants hate each other more so there is more bitchiness all around, including during instant restaurant rounds.

A bit like The Bachelor. Is Seven trying to save on accommodation costs? It will only work when the competition reaches team challenge stage as most challenges are filmed in Sydney. During instant restaurant rounds the guest teams stay in hotels.

Tyson Murr (who won this season with Amy) returned to his old school Ipswich Grammar two weeks ago to deliver a speech to students, and revealed why he applied for the show and what happened behind the scenes. You can read the article here

Isn’t she the individual who consistently trashed Josh this season regarding his relationship with Amy? :roll_eyes:

MKR UK started this week on the Lifestyle Food channel. The Brits have made two attempts at it to my knowledge, on different networks I think.

Season 9 has started filming with instant restaurants according to the show’s social media account.

Spare a thought for the contestants who have to wear summer clothes in the middle of winter like the actors on Home and Away.

3 Likes

Do they actually have to wear summer clothes for the filming of the instant restaurants? I wouldn’t have thought it mattered what sorts of clothes they wear since we all should know that they film them at this time of year and are not ‘live’ when they air at the start of next year. They could wear wintry clothes for instant restaurants in the southern states and for ones in like Queensland and maybe Western Australia if there is another team from northern regional WA they would wear more more summer clothes. Of course their sense of fashion and style would have to depend on the theme of the instant restaurant in question too!

1 Like

If you go back to the start of this season (Damo and Caz’s instant restaurant in Tasmania) you could see most teams wearing light clothing even though it was winter.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t matter under the television lights which would certainly warm up the place. They usually do complain about the heat and the effect it has on the dishes.

2 Likes

I don’t really get this comment. Its the middle of winter now and im sat here in shorts and a singlet. Im not acting. :thinking:

2 Likes

Well where do you live? It all depends on where you are and what the weather’s like that dictates what you wear doesn’t it, not the season of the year exactly. It might be winter but it could still be relatively warm, like I know it will be in Sydney on Sunday…

Dude im agreeing with your point. Chill.

3 Likes

Literally.

Anyhow, it’s 4.5 degrees here in Tassie at 11pm on a wintry night and I’m still shorts and t-shrit too!

2 Likes

In most cases the instant restaurants are filmed indoors, where you’d have heating, the lighting, and ovens/stoves going in the kitchen.

When the dining tables are set up in backyards or marquees, again the lighting would help and they’d probably have gas heaters too.

And hell, if it’s too cold, they’re hardly going to delay their schedule by forcing everyone to dress as though it’s summer and sit outside for eight hours at night in the middle of winter.

2 Likes

And conversely if it’s 40 degrees outside, they’d have those very cold fans you see them use on the sidelines in the football early in the season to help players cope with the heat (whatever they’re called). They obviously wouldn’t want contestants appearing to be hot and sweaty.

1 Like

The new season of My Kitchen Rules New Zealand, the first with Pete and Manu as judges, premieres on TVNZ on Monday September 25. Maybe Seven could buy the show and air it on 7TWO or 7mate towards the end of the year, before season 9 of the original version starts in 2018.

1 Like

In Coles other day and they were filming a Perth team for 2018 MKR

1 Like

Bad publicity for the show.

1 Like

Does it have anything to do with the show though?

3 Likes

At least it wasn’t a performance enhancing drug :grin: - given they nearly made the grand final.

1 Like