My Kitchen Rules

I now have the brightness settings set so my Samsung TV can cope with Pete’s new set of whiter than white teeth.

I am also getting use to the amount of coaching Colin Fassnidge has had behind the scenes over the off-season. His asperges is so less noticeable.

Now I am focused on trying to adjust the sound on my flatscreen TV to stop Pete’s voice from sounding excessively nasally. I have have been playing with the bass and the treble but I am beginning to think that only a pack of Sudafeds will solve the problem.

1 Like

Colin Fassnidge and Darren Robertson will appear on Sunrise tomorrow to talk about their group, and also Darren’s debut on the show.
Colin is also special guest on Better Homes and Gardens this Friday.

How I hate Seven’s ridiculous levels of cross-promotion. The whole channel is a soup of crap these days.

1 Like

It’s no different to Nine which often have judges and contestants from The Voice appearing on Today, Today Extra and even the NRL Footy Show.

Anyway, both teams in last night’s cook-off had identical results: starting strongly in entree before faltering in main and dessert. In the end, Josh and Amy’s lemon meringue pie beat Alyse and Matt’s banoffee and pavlova dish, and the WA team won the cook off by 2 points.

Or Married At First Sight taking over A Current Affair and Today over the last couple of weeks.

Or The Project covering I’m A Celeb incessantly (or The Bachelor/The Bachelorette/Masterchef) or Studio 10 covering every step of filming of The Bold and the Beautiful in Australia last week. Neighbours having a cameo of The Big Bash stars. Or The Living Room cross promoting all of the above.

Even the ABC slips in cross promotions for their shows in their news and chat shows now. All the networks are in a cross promotion frenzy which can be very annoying if you have no interest in those shows whatsoever.

3 Likes

Channel 9 and Channel 10 are soups of crap too these days.

There, publicist JBar can rest easy this morning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve just criticised all of them for doing it but somehow you’ve twisted it as if I’m publicising this show. :rolling_eyes:

“As if”? You probably are :stuck_out_tongue:

But I criticised Seven because, well, this is the MKR thread. What’s that got to do with other networks? Just odd the way you feel you need to leap in to defend the Seven Network…

1 Like

I’m not defending it at all. I’m criticising it and was responding to the example shown by @JohnsonTV, showing some other recent examples where the other networks are doing it too and sometimes worse. It’s your twisted logic that’s twisting the interpretation to flame my comment.

That’s OK, but I don’t think I’m twisting too far, am I? :stuck_out_tongue:

Way too far. In fact, you’re round the bend. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tonight’s promo: “MKR: Battle of the Ages!”

What does that even mean? :confused:

for the ages - adjective (idiomatic) Especially memorable and noteworthy; deserving to endure for a very long time.

Sorry, but I don’t think MKR can be classed in that category! :slight_smile:

According to the promo, battle for the ages refer to two rival female teams: uni students v businesswomen.
Tonight we had AFL themed instant restaurant plus the team being AFL fans: that is right up Seven’s alley.

1 Like

So what did that episode have to do with a battle of the ages? It makes no sense. Possibly their worst promo ever.

Probably was one of their worst.

They were obviously doing a play on words and trying to stir up a scrag fight between the young chicks and the old boilers in the competition.

They seem to be trying to stir up controversy for every episode to boost ratings. With ratings down this year, they might want to try a different approach next year.

I thought it was a typo and it should have been Battle of the Sages and there was going to be some sort of herb cook off.

1 Like

Oh I think this was the worst episode ever. What an awful bunch. None of these are cooks. They’ve just gone out looking for the bitchiest bunch of sluts they could find, waiting for either a bust up between them, or some flirting with some of the uncoupled guys (+ Colin and Darren).

When people say viewers are crazy for dating shows, please just see how this show’s audience has immediately halved since they went down this route. If you want to know why Australians are switching off TV…here’s your answer. Trash TV at its worst. Yuck.

3 Likes

And on Sunday nights episode, there is supposed to be an “MSG controversy”…

You can tell by the promos that they are getting a bit desperate for ratings.

3 Likes