My Kitchen Rules

:laughing: As if.

Perth is full of cashed up bogans.

1 Like

They’ve all flown back to NSW and New Zealand now. Mining boom over and so is all the trash filtering through into WA looking for a quick buck.

You wish. :laughing: A cashed up bogan would say that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had a look at the teams again via the TV Tonight article and found there were two WA teams after all (Bek and Ash in group 1, and Josh and Amy in group 2). Thus the state by state breakdown was:
NSW - 4
QLD - 5
SA - 2
TAS - 1
VIC - 4
WA - 2

Betty who competed in group 1 with David is actually blogger Bettina Banks who has her own lifestyle website BanksLife and Instagram account.

So who stuffed up? Newscorp or you? :wink:

News Corp😝

The Sunday Telegraph reports that Pete Evans has blacklisted several journalists from covering the show or even attending the season launch being held this week at Colin Fassnidge’s 4 Fourteen restaurant in Surry Hills, for unflattering articles over the years, including his support for paleo diet. The banned journalists allegedly include two from Bauer Media and one from News Corp. However Seven denied such a blacklist existed.

###My Kitchen Rules

New Season

Manu Feildel and Pete Evans are back with an eighth season of Australia’s number one program, MY KITCHEN RULES.

Acclaimed chefs Colin Fassnidge, Karen Martini, Guy Grossi and Liz Egan also return to Kitchen HQ in 2017 to judge the new batch of aspiring home cooks.

And when the MKR doorbell rings this year, expect new twists and a new face at the dinner table.

The teams for MKR 2017 are:

GROUP 1
Damo & Caz, TAS – Tassie Sweethearts
David & Betty, NSW – #JustFriends
Karen & Ros, VIC – Midwives
Bek & Ash, WA – Flirty Flatmates
Tim & Kyle, SA – Pub Mates
Amy & Tyson, QLD – Serious Siblings

GROUP 2
Albert & Dave, NSW – Brothers
Kelsey & Amanda, NSW – Sisters
Court & Duncan, VIC – Married Hipsters
Josh & Amy, WA – Seafood Lovers
Della & Tully, QLD – Foodie Friends
Alyse & Matt, QLD – Ambitious Newlyweds

GROUP 3
Mark & Chris, VIC – Footy Friends
Caitie & Demi, VIC – Besties
Lama & Sarah, SA – Cousins
Brett & Marie, QLD – First Loves
Valerie & Courtney, QLD – Mother and Daughter
Mell & Cyn, NSW – Businesswomen

Each team will take turns to transform an ordinary home into an Instant Restaurant for one pressure cooker night. They’ll plate up a three-course menu designed to impress the judges and their fellow contestants to avoid elimination. Remaining teams will face amazing location challenges in the hope of staying in the competition for the Ultimate Instant Restaurant round, before our finalists battle it out in Kitchen HQ.

Another $250,000 prize is on the line when MKR 2017 premieres Monday after the tennis on Seven.

Episode One - Monday 30 January at 7:30PM

First to headline the hottest dinner parties in town are married Tassie sweethearts Damo & Caz who are hell-bent on impressing the mainlanders.

1 Like

Go flirty flatemates. This shows stereotypes truly make me sick.

3 Likes

This week’s issue of Woman’s Day suggests the mystery new judge is chef Darren Robertson who runs Sydney restaurant 3 Blue Ducks. His partner is TV presenter Magdalena Roze and he was last seen on Ten’s Recipe to Riches.

1 Like

I’m getting tired of hearing about angry, angry man

2 Likes

MKR executive producer Joe Herdman has revealed to Mediaweek the show’s annual cycle:

Traditionally, the show is broadcast from late January through to April. During the season, we start the casting process, so from March-April we will be putting casting calls out for the new season. We will cast from that period until June. Then from June to Christmas we are in production. After Christmas, the post-production continues.

Pete and Manu revealed there would be an elimination twist during tonight’s instant restaurant. I reckon the team with the lowest score in group 1 would not be eliminated straight away, it might be compared with the bottom placed teams in the other two groups to decide which teams would go.

It turned out to be Damo and Caz, the first team in group 1 of season 8.

Isn’t it strange how the ‘villain’ team in the group always gets to cook last? :wink:

Once you have a winning formula, just repeat, repeat, repeat until the audience goes away. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

And they always seem to score at lot more fairly than everyone else. Amy & Tyson are clearly being portrayed as the ‘villains’ of this group yet they scored Damo & Caz higher than Tim & Kyle and Bek & Ash did.

Tried to watch, got bored, turned off…

Would have been nice to see some sort of update, either the graphics or Kitchen HQ or something. The whole show looks and feels dated IMO.

Oh same here eddel. I stuck through, but man, I’ve never thought a show to look and feel so formulaic.

At least with other cult shows that drag on for years you get different personalities coming through. Here, you have the same ditzy personalities, based on contestants from previous years, with a few low-rate villains thrown in.

I felt like I was watching an episode of The Block at one point with the dopey airhead chit-chat between each of the couples in confessional.

Jac and Shaz mk. II was so obvious. The villain was pathetic.

Big snooze-fest, ended up fast forwarding half of it.

Well lucky we don’t have you in programme development then!

That was an observation of what Seven are obviously doing. Not my programming advice.

1 Like

Amy and Tyson reminds me of another Queensland sister and brother team, Elle and Jake Harrison which finished second in season 4.
Damo and Caz wanted to showcase Tasmanian produce in their instant restaurant which was a good idea, but they should have been familiar with some of the ingredients. It was quite embarrassing to see Manu asking Damo to bring out a grater before shaving the truffle on the cauliflower soup in front of other guests. Overall, Damo and Caz’s dishes were average, their steak were cooked unevenly (the disadvantage of having to cook for 12 people) and the cheesecake was too heavy.

Pete and Manu will go to New Zealand this February to start filming season 3 of NZ version.

I gave up on MKR about 4 seasons ago for that reason. I can’t imagine how tedious it must be now.

But MKR and The Block are the masters of formula and the viewers keep lapping it up :pensive:

2 Likes