My Kitchen Rules

True, but last night it was really, really on the point of ‘oh no, not this again…’. Stomach-churning.

True, quite embarrassing - does Manu really have to scoff down expensive ingredients on camera?

Perks of the job.

3 Likes

Is it just me or does Damo look like James Bracy?

I’ve never thought that, but on a similar note, Tyson reminds me of Australian cricket captain, Steve Smith.

1 Like

Does it seem like they have gone back to actually cooking in the contestants’ own houses rather than renting out big fancy homes. One touch I like that has changed is the display of the instant restaurant from the empty space to the finished room, it is similar to the way they do it on House Rules.

David and Betty were really let down by their donut dessert last night, they put too much matcha into the affogato which changed its flavour plus the donut was dense. I reckon the other teams might have eaten the affogato with deep breath. The dessert only scored 3 points from the judges, which caused the Sydney team the lead.
However David and Betty also showed its potential with the crispy pork entree and barramundi main getting praises from the judges. They could go deep into the competition.

When did we start spelling doughnut like that? :anguished:

3 Likes

Since Donut King came about in 1981? Or much earlier?

1 Like

A brand name and not the correct spelling of a food item. So American imperialism continues unabated. :anguished:

2 Likes

@JohnsonTV tell me your knowledge extends to the opening date of Donut King, and that you didn’t have to look that up?

1 Like

It’s also doughnut in America. reference Simpsons :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I had to look it up :stuck_out_tongue:

FAKE NEWS!!!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/donut
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/doughnut

2 Likes

Or… are they “alternative facts” as Trump likes to call them?

The promo says next week will be a “record breaking week”. That means one of the remaining three teams would have received the highest instant restaurant score in MKR history (which currently stands at 98/110). Could a team get 100 points?

…or the lowest score?

I know its already been discussed but the same cast of characters every season. Season after season. Whyyyyy???

2 Likes

The way it is going it could be the record lowest ever audience for an MKR episode.

4 Likes