My Kitchen Rules

How would the Australian version include advertising for their sponsors if they cut that out :stuck_out_tongue:

A sneak peek for one of the teams competing in Colin Fassnidge’s group was shown during Seven News Melbourne this evening: mother and daughter team Courtney and Valerie from Queensland. It’s strange that Seven still has not released info on the teams which competed in season 8, with first episode just two weeks away.

Strange? Or surprising?

Strange. In the past few seasons News Corp would have had plenty of reports and interviews on the competing teams by now (mid January), after Seven released team info.

Should come through next week. I should really clean out my MediaSpy email address so that I can actually receive it.

News Corp has revealed the 18 teams for season 8, including the teams who had Colin and unnamed male as judges at their instant restaurants.

Group 1:
Damo and Caz (TAS) - sweethearts
David and Betty (NSW) - friends
Karen and Ros (VIC) - midwives
Bek and Ash (WA) - flirty flatmates
Tim and Kyle (SA) - pub mates
Amy and Tyson (QLD) - siblings. Promo describes Tyson as an “angry, angry man”

Group 2:
Albert and Dave (NSW) - brothers
Kelsey and Amanda (NSW) - sisters
Court and Duncan (VIC) - married hipsters
Josh and Amy (WA) - seafood lovers
Della and Tully (QLD) - foodie friends
Alyse and Matt (QLD) - ambitious newlyweds

Group 3
Mark and Chris (VIC) - footy friends
Caitie and Demi (VIC) - besties
Lama and Sarah (SA) - cousins
Brett and Marie (QLD) - first loves
Valerie and Courtney (QLD) - mother and daughter
Mell and Cyn (NSW) - business women

Do you feel better now? Less strange? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wow not one WA team in 18 teams? Weird. Who are they going to shove on Telethon this year as a Perth-onality?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a shocker. Two South Australian teams and six pairs from Queensland (literally a third of the contestants hail from the best state), but not a single WA team.

How is WA going to keep its intense sense of parochial victimhood alive whilst remaining utterly obsessed with anything Seven puts to air?

ffs

A couple of seasons ago there were no teams in SA. Now it was WA’s turn. How did Seven choose the 18 teams?

I believe the term is “casting”

OK. So from thousands of applications, why did Seven cast so many teams from Queensland but none from WA?

Don’t worry, I’m sure there will be a SHOCK FOURTH ROUND that features plenty of WA troublemakers.

4 Likes

Can’t cook. Can’t host.

1 Like

Cheap and nasty of Seven not to include a single WA team - obviously cutting production costs. Given there is 18 teams there should be one from NT and ACT as well.

Maybe all the WA, NT and ACT applicants were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

3 Likes

Or the applicants from the states that missed out didn’t have the high culinary skills that the show has become famous for.

2 Likes

Maybe because they cast for personalities rather than from states. Do people really care what state the teams are from anyway? Plus those from WA will watch seven even if there isn’t a contestant from their home state.

4 Likes

Perhaps there just weren’t the usual type of pathetic, attention-seeking bogans that Seven usually likes to cast in WA this year. After all, WA is so much less bogan than NSW and Qld (and outer areas of Melbourne).