My Kitchen Rules

NSW policewomen Monique and Sarah kicked off season 7 with their instant restaurant in the Blue Mountains. Their cooking skills were quite good, but why did they only put on three potato chips on top of a giant piece of salmon?
They must have obtained permission from their bosses in order to put on the official NSW Police Force logo and the motorcycle in their restaurant too.
Victorian teams will be cooking second (Mitch and Laura) and last (Gianni and Zara) in this group. I feel Gianni and Zara should have cooked after Mitch and Laura, just to save on airfares and accommodation.

They are probably all filmed out of order anyway. They probably filmed group 2 and 3 Melbourne teams and these all back to back.

1 Like

And good god isn’t Zara just unbearably awful.

Yes, brilliant piece of casting yet again by MKR. Just surprises how they keep finding these people who are willing to arrogantly talk themselves up and bag everyone. Based on previous seasons don’t they realise they are destined to fail when it’s their turn and will be ripped to shreds by the other competitors for being such arses?

4 Likes

I thought this show was about cooking and food… how freaking wrong was I?!

Pass… I’m waiting for Masterchef, not My Bitch Rules.

If you thought it was just about the food then you were indeed mistaken. It’s all about the dinner party.

4 Likes

Seven said Mitch and Laura were the youngest team in MKR history. What about Tasmanian university students Thalia and Bianca in season 5?
Mitch and Laura certainly showed their cooking potential in last night’s instant restaurant even though they made a few mistakes. I hope they have gone far into this season.

A quick search of the MKR website shows the contestants ages as:
Thalia, 21, and Bianca, 20
Mitch, 21, and Laura, 19
(and I think they said 20 and 18 on the show last night so their ages on the website must be current)

Thanks for that. So Mitch and Laura are a few months younger than the girls, based on the time of filming.

1 Like

MKR is an acquired taste. A mere first-timer wouldn’t understand.

2 Likes

This is true. I avoided it for the first two seasons like I do with most reality. I watched season 3 and got seriously hooked since.

I prefer the instant restaurant rounds and outside challenges to the final cook off round in the studio kitchen.

2 Likes

The instant restaurant stages are the only parts that I like. I’m surprised they haven’t tried changing the format so the finale is in the instant restaurant stage.

They did shorten the final rounds last year and tweak the other rounds. I think it would be very difficult to make an instant restaurants round as the final and be fair. As they go along, the contestants vote strategically to get rid of people they don’t like or save their own skin.

Likewise, I’ve only started watching sice 2013 and got sucked in haha

I haven’t seen any of the episodes this week, but I have read the recaps on the Fairfax news sites. Man, they’re a crackup.

3 Likes

Surely they were tested before they enter the completion
II this score the lowest in mkr history

I’m still not convinced that all of them are your average joe contestants. Sure, 7 no doubt pick couples that can and can’t cook. If they were all of high standard the show wouldn’t be entertaining. There is something satisfying watching a train wreck (like last nights dishes). Not that it means much, but last nights QLD couple had a Victorian registered car.

Do they still have the option of temporarily renting a house if their place of residence is too small?

1 Like

[quote=“NRN11, post:57, topic:350”]
I’m still not convinced that all of them are your average joe contestants. Sure, 7 no doubt pick couples that can and can’t cook. If they were all of high standard the show wouldn’t be entertaining. There is something satisfying watching a train wreck (like last nights dishes).[/quote]
I think the cars used may be provided by whoever is sponsoring the show that year. It has been revealed before that the contestants must provide a list of 30 dishes (10 entree,10 main, 10 dessert) which they might cook and the producers choose which ones they’d like to see. A lot of contestants who have failed have said that they may be brilliant at cooking 5 or 6 dishes but the producers had picked something they weren’t that great doing and the whole experience ended up a disaster.

I don’t see why not. They’ve never pretended that it was always the house of the contestants. You might have noticed that they’ve had more marquees in the backyard this year which would solve the problem of not having a big enough dining room to host a big dinner party.

Cheryl and Matt made a lot of effort into their instant restaurant (the decorations shouted 1960s) but they made several fundamental mistakes: they did not season the pea puree, overcooked the chicken and the swordfish (Cheryl used the back of her hand to feel if the fish was cooked rather than using a timer) and used the wrong method to make the ice-cream. No wonder they got 31. They are almost certain to be eliminated.

1 Like

Just the creepy cougar/cub interactions should have been enough to get them eliminated. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like