My Kitchen Rules

The new female judge will go round in the 3rd round of Instant restaurants with Colin? Is that right?

Probably, may feature in the post instant restaurant rounds as well.

Here are the six teams of Group 2, many of whom featured in promos in the last two months:
Alex and Gareth (miners from QLD)
Luciano and Martino (Italians from NSW)
Tasia & Gracia (sisters from Victoria)
JP & Nelly (lovebirds from QLD)
Nev and Kell (tradie and cleaner from WA)
Jessica and Marcos (fitness friends from Victoria, originally from Sydney)

Colin Fassnidge was at Seven Perth’s 2016 launch last night and said there would be a trainwreck in one of the home restaurants: The West Australian

Mitch & Laura, the Brother and Sister from Victoria are in Group 1 and feature in promos.

Meet the My Kitchen Rules 2016 contestants: Here’s what they’re all really like
The Daily Telegraph - MKR 2016

It’s nice to see that Jessica is a fellow Victorian…sort of. :smiley:

Whilst I like the premise of this show, I’ve never sat down to watch it or contemplate watching the full series. The females in this house do, however.

This year is different.

I’m definitely interested in this series and because I haven’t got The Block to watch (being in real estate I feel the need to watch things like that) and have zero interest in I’m A Celebrity, I feel that I may be able to invest time in this series.

One question though - do I need to put the CC on so I can understand Manu?

Nah Manu is fairly coherant. Its Paleo Pete you need a decoder for. That guys a walking thesaurus.

1 Like

@MarkHD I haven’t watched a full season either but last year watched the odd episode. Its a pretty enjoyable show just drags on a bit long.

Didn’t he miss out on Masterchef because of his accent, and MKR as well except that Pete wouldn’t do it without him? Anyway, I don’t find him hard to understand most of the time.

This season’s Victorian teams, Laura and Mitch & Gianni and Zana, will be having a barbecue challenge at Birrarung Marr in Melbourne city at 4pm today. Everyone is welcome.

###Real food for real people

The competition in the kitchen is fierce when Pete Evans and Manu Feildel return for a seventh season of Australia’s number one program, MY KITCHEN RULES.

Twelve new teams of talented home cooks and aspiring chefs get set to shine at Kitchen HQ as they battle it out for $250,000 in prize money in Australia’s most popular and hotly contested cooking competition.

Acclaimed chefs Colin Fassnidge, Karen Martini, Guy Grossi and Liz Egan return to Kitchen HQ to judge the new batch of hopefuls.

And when the famous MKR doorbell rings this year, there will be a new judge taking a place at the dinner table!

This year’s contenders are:
GROUP 1
New South Wales - Monique & Sarah - Cops
Victoria - Mitch & Laura - Brother and Sister
Queensland - Cheryl & Matt - Cougar and Cub
South Australia - Rosie & Paige - Best Mates
Western Australia - Anna & Jordan - Mother and Son
Victoria - Gianni & Zana - Married Lawyers

GROUP 2
Queensland - Alex & Gareth - Miners
New South Wales - Luciano & Martino - Italianos
Victoria - Tasia & Gracia - Sisters
Queensland - JP & Nelly - Lovebirds
Western Australia - Nev & Kell - Tradie and Cleaner
Victoria - Jessica & Marcos - Fitness Friends

There is a one minute sneak peek of tonight’s episode on MKR’s Twitter account.

Do we know yet if MKR will be on on Sundays? My guess is yes since it’s not on on Thursday, but the time slot is TBA at the moment for next Sunday.

TV Week has it Sunday 7pm to 8.30pm then Monday to Wednesday 7.30pm.

Hopefully sumday soon :stuck_out_tongue:

Bloody mobile spellchecker. :blush:

1 Like

Changes I notice so far on tonight’s premiere:

1. the show was filmed in HD but is shown in SD (you can notice the picture quality)
  2. Pete and Manu examine the menu together instead of separately in the past (possibly because Manu does not have his own restaurant anymore)
  3. the opener doesn’t show future group challenges
  4. a preview for next episode shown in the middle of tonight’s episode <- I don’t like it
1 Like

In regards to your fourth point Johnson it’s why I never watch it live. Gotta love the ad skip function on my PVR. Also I thought it was good the way Pete and Manu examined the menus together.

3 Likes

I always watch this show about 20/25 minutes after it starts, skip the ads and catch up to real time, close to the end of the show.

4 Likes