My Kitchen Rules

Did anyone else hear the Today Show theme song during MKR when the bottom two teams were announced or was that just me?

What a ball-tearer of an elimination cook off we have coming up. Gianni and Zana v Luciano and Martino. I like both teams so it is going to be disappointing to lose one of them so early on. I honestly can’t pick a winner.

Was it just a hit song that Today have been using too?

Seven virtually gave away the match-up for next Monday’s elimination with this synopsis which was posted on ebroadcast TV guide three days ago (Monday):

The two teams that scored the highest in their Instant Restaurant round have found themselves in a shock sudden death elimination. Who will be victorious?

It clearly means two of the three highest scoring teams which sat out the first challenge (Gianni and Zana, Luciano and Martino, and Chris and Cookie) find themselves in the bottom 2.
Still I was surprised how Gianni and Zana and the Italianos struggled in the heat along with the two SA teams.

It sounded like the headline bed when they read the headlines every hour.

Probably a piece of production music from a library which any broadcaster can get a licence to use.

No surprise that Pete has confessed that he and Manu tasted dishes off camera during cook-offs at Kitchen HQ.

1 Like

That doesn’t surprise me …

I’ve always thought that during the instant restaurant rounds, that the other contestants must end up eating meals that are a bit cold… ie. not only do they have to wait for all 12 dishes to be plated, they then have to wait for the judges to eat some and then critique it as well.

I’m very relieved that Lauren survived her elimination (just), and then barely escaped going into the next one. It’s the first time since her team started that I haven’t had to stress over whether she’ll get through. But now I have Zana to worry about. They both have to stay until we get Lauren v. Zana, preferably very late in the competition.

Jordan is really annoying me. I want him gone, so of course his team won and they are safer than anyone else.

Rosie and Paige would be absent from tonight’s fisherman’s challenge at Cockatoo Island, after Paige injured her right hand trying to scale a fish in their hotel room the day before the contest, according to New Idea.
That probably means the girls would go straight into sudden death against the worst performing team from the challenge.

The Italianos and Gianni and Zana really gave their best in last night’s sudden death. They stayed true to their family roots and produced six great dishes. In the end, the seafood lasagne was Luciano and Martino’s downfall.

I was surprised that Carmine and Lauren won tonight’s Cockatoo Island challenge as Chris and Cookie’s tempura prawns were popular with many fishermen and their families, and Carmine left it late to start on his salmon.

I thought you said Rosie and Paige were in the bottom 2. A bit upset to see the miners in the bottom 2.

He was speculating but made it seem like he knew something.

1 Like

I thought Rosie and Paige would be in the bottom two if they did not compete in a challenge, similar to MasterChef. The producers certainly thought otherwise.
JP and Nelly had revealed to AAP they were sick for a few days leading up to tonight’s sudden-death cook-off due to stress, long working days and sleep deprivation.

Pfft. Like this doesn’t affect the other contestants.

These two were crap from the beginning. Their score of 90+ or whatever it was originally in the home rounds seemed off - the judges were raving in an over the top fashion about food which clearly, even as viewers at home, we could tell was average.

Producers must have thought they were going to be a star couple / fan favourite or something. Urgh.

However, it seems since Nelly’s embarrassing spelling blunders, the producers cooled towards them. Suddenly they come out with what must be close to the shittiest score in elimination history tonight. Seems weird.

They were quickly chopped off after producers realise these two could not credibly represent the show or win the title. Crums. Jesus.

1 Like

Nelly and JP - too much kissing and not enough cooking

1 Like

Well it might help if you said “I think”, “I’m guessing”, “maybe” or “perhaps”. :wink:

1 Like

The two Queensland teams made so many mistakes preparing their first two courses in last night’s cook-off. Spent too much time on the dessert? Guy and Colin must have thought overcooked duck was worse than inconsistently cooked beef and gave lower scores to JP and Nelly, meaning they (and not the miners) were eliminated.
Also interesting to hear Manu saying that he would rather have no sauce at all than a bad sauce, and reduced stock and red wine is not a jus.

You can just tell they’d be a nightmare to live / work / deal with. The type of personality that screams ‘I’m always right’ and always a snooty little comment to add on to the end of anything.

Yes, but hasn’t this happened on MKR once before that a team which hasn’t competed automatically goes through to sudden death?

Well, that explanation would have helped. :slightly_smiling: The way it was written, it sounded like it was a fact from New Idea.