My Kitchen Rules

Thanks Firetorch. I didn’t realise it has happened before when I posted about Rosie and Paige’s absence. The New Idea article did not say whether the ladies would compete in sudden death, it was my speculation.

:expressionless:

1 Like

Yeah, I now realise that’s an oxymoron. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

MKR back to Sunday - Wednesday from 3 April

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/seven-network-programs-and-schedules/41/158?u=tv.cynic

This just in from Seven

3 Likes

That’s why MKR’s Facebook page asked its fans today: "If you could bring back a previous MKR team or contestant, who would you bring back?"
It’s going to be a huge episode. It should now be an annual tradition to invite past contestants to be involved in a future cooking challenge.

1 Like

They’ve definitely ramped up the product placement this year. The Holden cars perfectly parked alongside one another with each one a different colour in the background of tonight’s challenge was not as subtle as they usually are.

1 Like

Or Gareth (Alex?) stopping mid-cook to drink some Fuze Iced Tea…

4 Likes

Clearly still all hire cars as the 2 19yo’s had to sit as passengers

Another thing I’ve noticed is a huge time gap between the teams going shopping and arriving to prepare food. The clock on one of the Holden Traxes read 9.19am, but teams should arrive at Carriageworks by 4pm to start preparing. What happened in those 6.5 hours?
No surprise the miners were into sudden death again. When they braised ribs in a cola juice which was sweet, they should not have added honey to the mayonnaise which made the meat extra sweet. Gianni and Zana could have been in the bottom 2 if not for their excellent salad with lamb soulvaki.
Also it was interesting for the judges’ critique of Anna and Jordan’s chicken and leek pie to be held back until the last segment, to keep the viewers in suspense.

1 Like

I noticed that too!

They started at MKR headquarters in Surry Hills, shopped at East Village in Zetland and ended up in Carriageworks in Eveleigh. Sydney traffic has got really bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was the same with the other car brand used in the past which was also a prize in one of the previous years. They had a lot of product placement in previous years too, most memorably with paper towels and liquid stock used throughout the show which garnered the same sort of complaints.

That bit of product placement was a bit too obvious especially when you saw the label perfectly in camera shot.

1 Like

And also noticed the comments about the reversing cameras and how the car was easy to park!

Very observant work there by Johnson28 on the times of the car radio displays suggesting that it took 6.5 hours to do the shopping!

2 Likes

Changes on this season’s MKR compared to the 2015 season:

• Peter Evans now has the haircut of a 14 year old skater boy.
  • Manu Feidel now has an extra 16 kilos around his waste. Although the cameras try to hide it (bring the black dinner jackets to Studio 4)
  • Colin Fassnidge has now undergone $16 000 worth of personality coaching. He is now appears to be socially literate - this is close to a miracle.

Bouquets to the coaching company. Brickbats to the hairstylist and weight management plan.

1 Like

Those young guys and their stylish hair cuts. Sounding like a cranky old man again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think I am sick of hearing Gareth and Alex go on about how “they are not ready to go back to the mines”… Why don’t they just give up mining and get jobs as chefs then?

1 Like

You make it sound so easy. Why do you think they don’t?

Well, with “My Kitchen Rules” exposure and some chef qualifications, they shouldn’t have too much trouble getting a job in that field?

But I acknowledge that studying and maintaining an income at the same time can be very challenging.

I was at Sydney last year and went to Surry Hills to see it for myself. It is the local office for Paramount Pictures and Seven is paying the property owners to use it as the facade for Kitchen HQ. I know the real one is in Redfern close to Carriageworks.