My Kitchen Rules

No surprises there. Her star power didn’t bolster the ratings.

4 Likes

Seven probably lost money on her episodes with the appearance fee etc.

1 Like

I only watched when Nigella appeared. Shame.

The first part of that is not new information, TVTonights programmers wrap had that story 4 days ago I’m and fairly sure it was either known or widely speculated that she wouldn’t return for another season of the revamped series.

It has confirmed that Fassnidge and Feildel will be as Judges and touring across the country. While Nigella will be a guest judge in MKR HQ

1 Like

Production commencing this weekend

1 Like

I reckon the only reason they brought this show back is because they’re jealous of MasterChef and how it started before them and is still going, even seeing a couple of resurgences along the way and also because MKR was blitzing them a few years there (to think MasterChef nearly got axed after 2013). They’re hoping for similar. And not to mention those lucrative grocery buyers and supermarket advertisers.

I would suspect this is the reason rather than “jealousy”.

6 Likes

I can only see this season doing worse than the last. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Nigella only popped in for a couple of episodes.

It’s getting hot in here

Manu, Colin and Nigella return to the kitchen

The Seven Network’s iconic cooking show, My Kitchen Rules is set to return later this year with celebrity chefs and good mates, Manu Feildel and Colin Fassnidge, joining forces as co-hosts and judges.

Manu and Colin will be traveling across the country to meet our most passionate home cooks – real people, cooking real food, in their own homes for the chance to be crowned MKR Champions.

International food superstar Nigella Lawson will also be back as a judge this season at Kitchen HQ.

Manu said: “I am looking forward to another MKR journey in 2023. I can’t wait to meet our new teams, eat some gorgeous food and work with my good mate Colin, and it’s so wonderful to have my dear friend Nigella back to join us in Kitchen HQ. Superb!”

Colin said: “It’s great to be back with my MKR family again! I’m looking forward to getting out on the road, meeting the teams, and working with Nigella and my favourite Frenchman, Manu.”

Nigella said: “I’m so thrilled to be back on MKR! It combines two of my favourite pastimes: championing home cooking and eating wonderful Australian food.”

The return of My Kitchen Rules last year was a hit with viewers, attracting a total TV audience of 942,000 viewers and ranking #1 in its timeslot among people 25 to 54.

Production of the new season of My Kitchen Rules is set to commence this weekend, with the series to air later this year on Channel 7 and 7plus.

My Kitchen Rules is produced by ITV Studios Australia for the Seven Network.

2 Likes

I guess the new season will be shown in Q4 this year, to be paired with The Voice (but only after it goes down to 1-2 episodes per week, i.e. when it reaches the Battles or live shows stage).

Production is currently in Brisbane, less than 1 km from my house. Went past this afternoon and the main differences out front of the house is a porta potty and a motorhome.

honestly if you didn’t know, you wouldn’t know, but the local facebook group is full of the news, with Manu being seen at the local Woolworths this morning (who apparently are the sponsors this year? i don’t actually watch MKR so don’t know if this is new or not)

2 Likes

Yes it had been Coles in the past.

1 Like

They’d been the principal partner of both MasterChef and MKR since day dot, so this is somewhat significant, it potentially suggests something about how the supermarket giant view the revived MKR/see its future

Or maybe Woolworths provided a more attractive sponsorship deal.

3 Likes

Both Colin and Manu took time out from filming to honour Jock Zonfrillo (Colin and Jock had been friends for more than 20 years).

2 Likes

First team of the new season introduced tonight during Logies red carpet special: “just friends” Tommy and Rach from WA.

2 Likes

First promo

2 Likes

Judging off the promo, sounds like the producers have brought back the doorbell sound used for each house when the teams arrive for the instant restaurant.

1 Like

Judge Judy. My Kitchen Rules. :man_cook:t3:

5 Likes