My Kitchen Rules

Having the original MKR in Q1 2020 means filming will have to start early again. A previous report said commencement of filming had been pushed back from July to November this year.

1 Like

The Australian and The Daily Telegraph both report that the next season of MKR will be filmed in a $12 million mansion in Sydney’s Bellevue Hill.

Seven says filming will start on July 1, according to a development application lodged with Woollahra Council. Ten contestants will be housed at the five-bedroom mansion, where Seven will film over 42 non-consecutive days until September 23. There will be 28 short filming days (about 4 hours per day) and 14 main filming days (7am to 1am).
Seven’s DA is currently open for public comment (Application No. 203/2019) with entries closing this Wednesday (June 26).
Although season 9 featured elimination cookoffs at another Sydney mansion (which was used in Beauty and the Geek Australia), having five teams living and cooking at the Bellevue Hill house will be a dramatic format change for MKR, as the network tries to arrest its ratings slide.

Wonder whether that means the show is ‘downsizing’ and as such, it’ll have less contestants/duos?

It just mean five teams will be staying at the mansion at a time.

1 Like

Or is this the Colin Fassnidge spin-off we’ve been hearing about?

But hasn’t Seven scrapped the Colin Fassnidge spin-off?

Where was it officially stated that they did?

All they’ve said so far is that there won’t be a second season of MKR this year. Doesn’t rule out another show for this year or early next year.

I think they may be playing their cards close to their chest. They must have some other shows planned for the rest of the year. They wouldn’t just give up.

2 Likes

Season 11 began filming on Tuesday, according to Pete Evans’ Instagram. It had the garden of the Bellevue Hill mansion in the background.

Also, season 10 began in UK on Sky Witness channel on Monday this week (July 1). It is shown at 6.30pm weeknights.

1 Like

For anyone interested about the new season (contains spoilers)…

tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/7/15/exclusive-old-favourites-return-for-new-series-of-my-kitchen-rules

2 Likes

Calling for applicants

1 Like

Planning for season 12 already?
Also notice the garden of the Bellevue Hill mansion in the background.

1 Like
1 Like

Assuming this report is correct, don’t like the idea of Seven airing 2 seasons of MKR in the same year (unless the post-Olympics season is substantially different)

1 Like

We’ve always known that the cooking was somewhat incidental to the appeal of MKR. Now it getting farcical, the extent to which Seven want to stretch the format to create tension. They should just bite the bullet and get rid of the cooking altogether and just have a series of dinner parties where people sit around a table and bitch about each other…

2 Likes

I don’t think 7 will go through with two seasons. It is probably talk and then will cancel out that idea early next year like they did this year.

3 Likes

Actually not a bad idea, then they could create an actual new cooking show to air after 2020 Olympics with Gary, George & Matt if that rumour has any truth to it.

1 Like

Unfortunately I think cooking is no longer the appeal it once was. I don’t know why seven are bothering with poaching the ex Masterchef judges. Yes there might be some initial interest but they are coming off a tired series and obviously viewers are a bit bored of them as tv personalities. 7 would be stupid to give them their own show.

1 Like

Well, they aren’t poaching them, considering they have quit Masterchef.

2 Likes

Yeah poor choice of wording.

2 Likes

Gary, George & Matt could host/judge My Restaurant Rules for Seven