My Kitchen Rules

Definitely true

4 Likes

Other way around.

House Rules up against Lego Masters.

1 Like

Lego Masters.

House Rules and Lego Masters at 7pm.

My Kitchen Rules will follow House Rules.

1 Like

Or interesting that they’re putting House Rules up against Lego Masters?

If that is the plan I don’t think it will work. The MKR final will have to start really late to miss the Lego Masters premiere. It would have been better to put MKR first with its long run time then have a one hour House Rules premiere following that would miss the competition. You could say the it doesn’t matter how MKR’s final performs as the show is over for the year. Far more important for Seven’s year to get HR off to a good start.

1 Like

TONIGHT

Three teams were eliminated over two rounds as the Semi-Final line-up was decided. Victor & G were sent home when their stodgy risoni failed to impress the child critics or judges. Then, Andy & Ruby’s salmon in spicy broth had the edge over sophisticated offerings from Lisa & John and Josh & Austin. This means Ibby & Romel, Matt & Luke, Pat & Bianca and Andy & Ruby will battle it out in the Semi-Finals.**

THE CHALLENGE

Three teams have already made it through to Semi-Finals; four teams are still fighting for a spot - this is their last chance to advance. In an MKR first, there will be a triple elimination! Their fate will be decided over two rounds.

Round 1
Teams must prepare a fruit and veg dish for kids that has every colour of the rainbow. One team will be eliminated at the end of this challenge.

ANDY & RUBY - Mexican Burger with Pineapple Salsa and Corn
Pete: 10
Manu: 10
Total Score: 20/30

JOSH & AUSTIN - Pork & Bacon Veggie Bowl with Mango & Blueberries
Pete: 8
Manu: 7
Total Score: 15/20

LISA & JOHN - Mango Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice
Pete: 9
Manu: 8
Total Score: 17/20

VICTOR & G - Chicken Risoni with Blistered Tomatoes, Grilled Peaches & Apricots
Pete: 6
Manu: 7
Total Score: 13/20

ELIMINATED TEAM

Barmen Victor & G, VIC

Round 2
Teams have survived cooking for kids. Now they must create a sophisticated dish for an adult palate, using luxury ingredients which elevate the dish for the more discerning diner. Two teams will be eliminated at the end of this challenge.

ANDY & RUBY - Miso Salmon in Spice Broth
Diners’ average score: 9
Manu: 10
Total Score: 29/30

JOSH & AUSTIN - Beef & Lobster Tartare with Vodka Crème Fraiche
Diners’ average score: 8
Pete: 9
Manu: 8
Total Score: 25/30

LISA & JOHN - Duck with Peaches and Medeira Jus
Diners’ average score: 8
Manu: 9
Total Score: 27/30

4TH AND FINAL TEAM THROUGH TO SEMI-FINALS

Peruvians Andy & Ruby, QLD

ELIMINATED TEAMS

Home schooled brothers Josh & Austin, NSW

Josh: “Our experience on My Kitchen Rules has been rewarding. We love cooking now and we absolutely want to bring our flavours to the world.”

Mother and son Lisa & John, WA

Lisa: “Been an absolutely once in a lifetime opportunity. We’ve learnt so much. I love this guy.”

MONDAY ON MKR…

Socialites Ibby & Romel take on frenemies Pat & Bianca in the first Semi-Final!

Manu Feildel and Pete Evans are joined by Colin Fassnidge, Karen Martini, Guy Grossi and Liz Egan at the MKR Restaurant for the first Semi-Final of 2019. Tempers flare and stress levels peak as the pressure of Semi-Finals ignites the kitchen, while at the table the judges agree to disagree. Which team will earn a place in the Grand Final and the chance to claim the title of MKR Champions and $250,000?

2 Likes

It was strange that they eliminated three teams tonight after dragging out so many other challenges with no eliminations. Being on Easter Sunday means it will likely have a lot less viewers and viewers may end up feeling they missed too much. It could have been better planned.

1 Like

I just caught up with tonight’s episode after spending late afternoon and evening at the Royal Easter Show. The second round was one of the best MKR contests I have ever seen. All three teams created great dishes, but the Peruvians just stood out.

1 Like

TONIGHT

Ibby & Romel are the first team through to the 2019 Grand Final, despite a self-confessed stressful and disappointing cook which left Romel in tears and Ibby’s hair out of place! But their sous vide technique and modern Middle Eastern flavours wowed the judges more than Pat & Bianca’s traditional take on some Italian classics. An overcooked osso bucco lacking in sauce sealed the frenemies fate and sent them packing.

7.30PM TUESDAY ON MKR

Australia takes on Peru in the second Semi-Final!

Underdogs Matt & Luke take on Peruvians Andy & Ruby in the second Semi-Final. The pressure is at an all-time high, but so is the food and it’s the smallest of mistakes that could cost. Manu, Pete and Colin are joined by Karen Martini, Guy Grossi and Liz Egan as the Grand Final line-up is revealed.

It was a very high scoring semi final tonight. Both Matt & Luke and Andy & Ruby created exceptional and tasty dishes, and earned several 10s from the judges. In the end Matt & Luke edged out the Peruvians by only two points (59-57) but the ladies should also be proud of their efforts.

1 Like

TONIGHT

Despite stuff ups from both teams, it was the strongest Semi-Final in MKR history, including the best dessert Pete’s had in 10 years of MKR from Matt & Luke and a caramel flan from Andy & Ruby that took Colin to heaven. But only one team could triumph and it was Matt & Luke’s creative, confident, modern Australian cooking which just edged out the Peruvians’ showcase of culinary heritage to earn themselves a place in the 2019 Grand Final opposite Ibby & Romel.

8PM SUNDAY ON MKR…

The first all-male Grand Final showdown in MKR history! Will socialites Ibby & Romel or cricket mates Matt & Luke be crowned 2019 MKR Champions?

2 Likes

1 Like

I think it’s a terrible move to have the finale at 8pm. Other shows are going to get the head start on it and House Rules will be a much weaker lead in than the news. The show is struggling to get above 800k at the moment, I can’t see it doing a whole heap better with the lead start.

1 Like

7 might have just given up on it for the year and would rather have House Rules start off better? Not the stupidest logic. They have 3 months of House Rules and would probably rather it being on a level playing field with Lego Masters.

No matter what I think it will be the worst season of House Rules.

1 Like

Do you have anything positive to say about any show these days or are permanently jaded and cynical now?

Seriously. Lighten up, Turdie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I wasn’t being negative. I am simply saying that MKR is over and House Rules it their priority. Not being negative in the slightest.

Surprised to see Rachel Khoo as guest judge for the grand final. It was her first appearance on the show since season 7. According to her Instagram, she had been in Sydney in November and December filming season 2 of Zumbo’s Just Desserts for Seven and Netflix.
Victor and G were absent from the filming. I wonder why?
Chris and Lesley also posted on their Instagram that they and Karito and Ian didn’t appear at the grand final.

We won’t be at the Grand Final.
Karito & Ian you are loved.
Karito & Ian you are appreciated.
Victor & G you are loved.
Victor & G you are appreciated.
#notinvited #guesswhosnotcomingtodinner

Chris and Lesley told one fan that they were not invited because there was “not enough room”. That’s weird because the MKR restaurant has space to accommodate more diners. I guess the head table where the judges sat took up some of the space.

1 Like

To speed up the judging process, the producers had combined the eight guest judges’ scores for each team so it was impossible to tell which judge gave which team a 9 or 10. Only Pete and Manu’s scoring was revealed. I think it is a lazy move.
Tonight’s grand final finished at around 10.15pm.

1 Like

Newcastle’s Matt & Luke have been crowned My Kitchen Rules Champions after delivering a five-course menu that showcased modern Australian cooking with a classic Italian twist. The cricket mates got off to an average start in the competition, but their solid partnership saw them peak at the right time, winning People’s Choice at the final location challenge and coming in second on the Ultimate Instant Restaurant ladder.

Their opponents Ibby & Romel had been the team to beat all along and tonight they served a menu “full of attitude”, “skill” and “flavour”, but perhaps a little heavy on the spice leaving judges’ palates fatigued. Meanwhile Matt & Luke saved their best til last according to Pete, and with the record number of 10 judges describing their food as “elegant”, “stunning”, “restaurant quality” and “divine”, the mates walk away with a life-changing $250,000.

2019 MKR CHAMPIONS AND WINNERS OF $250,000

Matt & Luke, Newcastle (Matt Gawthrop, 27 and Luke Stewart, 28)

Luke: “Our experience has been nothing short of a miracle, from where we’ve come from to where we are now, this is something I’ll never forget. We bloody worked hard for this. This is going to change our lives forever.”

Matt: “It’s literally the toughest thing we’ve ever done in our lives, absolutely insane. This takes the cake against any cricket final I’ve ever been in.”

Luke: “Throughout the competition Ibby & Romel have been the benchmark for everyone, everyone’s chased them so to be standing here next to them tonight is an honour.”

RUNNERS-UP

Ibby & Romel, Sydney (Ibby Moubadder, 30 and Romel Kouyan, 42)

Romel: “We are so happy for the boys, We’re not ashamed of losing because I’m so proud of what we have done. This is one of my biggest achievements, something that I will never experience in my entire life ever again. It was an absolute honour.”

Ibby: “We’ve given it everything we have and we are proud with what we served so we have won in our heart. Before this competition we were friends but now we are best friends. Honestly I don’t think I could have done it with anyone else.”

1 Like

I can understand Victor and G were not invited to the GF possibly as the result of their outburst after their elimination at the first semi final, but to uninvite the other two teams to make way for extra judges was disrespectful.

2 Likes