My Kitchen Rules

And that’s the brand dead in the water.

2 Likes

If what The Australian reported is true, then season 11 of MKR may not start filming until later this year, with production continuing into the following year, similar to MasterChef. For example, instant restaurants may be filmed in November and December, then the Christmas/New Year break, before filming resume in January 2020 for the group challenges, ultimate instant restaurants and the finals.
Seven will be able to use the Tokyo Olympics telecast to promote MKR’s new dates.

1 Like

Production of the original version of the show has been shifted back to November this year.

1 Like

Have said for a while that MKR should become a 2nd half show so it’s good to see that’s exactly what’s happening - it’ll give The Block some much needed competition and the Tokyo Olympics will give it a good promotional launchpad

5 Likes

Not many famous names at the VIP party: Kochie and Beretts from Sunrise, House Rules judges Jamie Durie, Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen and Wendy Moore, Karen Ledbury from The Morning Show, Lizzy Lovette (Sydney Weekender) and some actors from Home and Away.

Victor and G’s canape took a long time to assemble. Only three teams were able to serve their canapes first. No wonder the guests were pissed.

2 Likes

While waiting for the food to arrive some of them literally drank too many free drinks and were pissed. :joy:

1 Like

They weren’t all supposed to be necessarily “famous”. They did say they were leaders in their fields. Some you’ll recognise, some you won’t.

From Nova’s Fitzy and Wippa show, I spotted Wippa, newsreader Matt De Groot and producer Tom Ivey. There were X Factor contestants, now pop performers Jess and Matt.

2 Likes

During the show I also looked the Instagram photos posted by some of the attendees which had the hashtag MKR. They included transformation coach Chief Brabon, TV Week news editor Zara Zubeidi, Bistro Mosman head chef Jon Trouillet and food personality and author Lyndey Milan.

1 Like

Tonight’s quarter final features contestants from the past nine seasons, and it was a huge turnout: (photo is from Mumbrella article about Monday’s ratings)

Here are the names thanks to amar_liahsin on Instagram.
Season 1
Shadi & Veronica (Champions)

Season 2
Sammy & Bella (Champions)

Season 3
Nic & Rocco (Runners-up)

Season 4

1. Jake & Elle (Runners-up)
  2. Mick & Matt
  3. Luke
  4. Sophia

Season 5

1. Helena & Vikki
  2. Carly & Tresne
  3. Uel & Shannelle
  4. David & Corrine

Season 6

1. Will & Steve (Champions)
  2. Jac & Shaz (Runners-up)
  3. Ash & Camilla
  4. Robert & Lynzey

Season 7

1. Tasia & Gracia (Champions)
  2. Carmine & Lauren (Runners-up)
  3. Anna & Jordan
  4. Gianni & Zana

Season 8

1. Vallerie & Courtney (Runners-up)
  2. David & Betty
  3. Caiti & Demi

Season 9

1. Alex & Emily (Champions)
  2. Stella & Jazzey
  3. Henry & Anna
  4. Jess & Emma
  5. Roula & Rachel

I think many of them also recorded interviews for the 10th anniversary special which aired on Seven in January this year.

4 Likes

Lyn & Sal’s Cookies a tasty triumph

The Seven Network and Coles has announced that Lyn & Sal’s winning Chocolate Macadamia Brownie Cookies has seen the biggest first day sales of any My Kitchen Rules challenge-winning product following their victory this past Sunday in the Coles Biscuit Challenge.

This first day sales figure is 30% higher than the first day sales of Valerie & Courtney’s Sweetly Spiced Sauce sold on the day after the 2017 challenge, and 6% higher than the first day sales of Josh & Nic’s Hazelnut Choc Gelato sold the day following the challenge in 2018.

Lyn & Sal’s Chocolate Macadamia Brownie Cookies won the Coles Biscuit Challenge on Sunday night (March 24), with their “decadent, rich, addictive” biscuit being a clear favourite among the public and the judges, and the first day sales have backed this up, with Australians rushing to get a taste of MKR.

Coles Chief Operating Officer, Greg Davis, said: "My Kitchen Rules is about real people cooking real food in their homes, which is why it’s a great fit for Coles. We have been inspiring Australians to make delicious meals at home for ten years, and by working collaboratively with MKR, we have been able to shine the spotlight on our Aussie growers and farmers who are delivering quality fresh produce for our customers every day.

"We’ve really enjoyed working with MKR to offer everyday home cooks the unique opportunity of seeing their homemade creations sold at Coles. The MKR ‘Sweetly Spiced Sauce’ sold-out in just one day in 2017, and we saw further success with the MKR ‘Hazelnut Choc Gelato’ the following year where we tripled the production to meet customer demand.

"This year we’ve loved working with Lyn & Sal to produce their limited-edition Chocolate Macadamia Brownie Cookies for our customers to try. It’s been fantastic to see the support they’ve received from customers, with almost 50 per cent of the batch sold in two days.”

Seven’s Director of Network Sales, Natalie Harvey, said: "The success of Lyn & Sal’s Chocolate Macadamia Brownie Cookies demonstrates the continuing power of the My Kitchen Rules brand. No other show delivers this level of deep integration, with viewers being able to see the winner of the challenge crowned on Sunday night, and then being able to purchase a pack of the winning biscuits the next morning at Coles.

"The sustained growth in first-day sales of the winning product in the Coles challenge shows just how passionate our MKR viewers are, and what a tremendous platform the show provides for our partners.”

Lyn and Sal’s Chocolate Macadamia Brownie Cookies are available as a limited release in Coles nationwide now, and My Kitchen Rules is on 7 Sundays to Wednesdays.

1 Like

Saw them in the supermarket. The price seemed a rip-off.

1 Like

Seven did it again last night.

During the commercial break they advertised the four remaining teams battling it out on Sunday for the final spot in the semi finals.

Didn’t take a genius to work out that Pat and Bianca were missing, therefore, the team who were getting through to the semi finals later that night.

Why do they do this?

2 Likes

I notice that too. It would have been better if Seven just showed the silhouettes of the teams so viewers would not be able to work out who would make the semi final.

1 Like

After seeing that, I lost interest. Starting playing on my phone, getting up walking around etc.

The season 10 grand final confirmed for Sunday April 28 (time TBC).

2 Likes

Not 7pm

3 Likes

How soon after this finishes is the other version of MKR that they said was coming this year ?

Thet haven’t even started filming yet. It will either be seen late in the year or according to some speculation this week, possibly early 2020.

1 Like

Old news lol

Seven are definitely asking a lot from viewers.

1 Like