My Kitchen Rules

A new promo for Super Dinner Parties aka Ultimate Instant Restaurant aired tonight during AFL. Unfortunately it gave away which two teams would make it to the round.

Sunday’s biscuit challenge was filmed at Coles Top Ryde in Sydney’s north on October 23 last year. A boy took this video on his smartphone:

1 Like

Don’t know whose fault it was and if it happened every but Central West NSW Prime aired a Coles ad announcing who won the biscuit challenge during the first ad break of the show.

1 Like

It aired in Canberra too

1 Like

Found a tweet about the spoiler.
https://twitter.com/hannahwilsonn_/status/1109756286357237761
Also, seems that someone who happened to be at Top Ryde during the filming wasn’t happy with the experience.
https://twitter.com/lovethyeezus/status/1109729899068022784

1 Like

I’m sorry I just don’t believe that last tweet. It sounds way too mean girls to be true.

1 Like

So Ultimate Instant Restaurants round starts next week, against potentially the final two weeks of current season of Married at First Sight. With eight team competing this is the biggest round of Ultimate Instant Restaurants in MKR history. The last instant restaurant is scheduled to air on April 10, and then the show should go into the Easter break.

IMO they shouldn’t do that. They should keep it running consistently to pick up as many viewers as they can after Married at First Sight finishes.

2 Likes

The episode is airing tonight. The SCG was actually one of three locations in Sydney (the other two were Alexandria Fire Station and Eveleigh construction site) used for the outdoor challenge on the same day, where eight teams were split into three groups cooking for different people (NSW Blues and Breakers cricket team members, firefighters and construction workers).

EDIT: why did it take more than an hour to film the judges’ critiques? Based on the time shown at the SCG clock tower, the teams arrived at 5.05pm but Pete and Colin did not reveal the best and worst team until around 6.10pm.

1 Like

Since MAFS ripped off the dinner parties from MKR, it looks like MKR is now ripping off MAFS by having team members hooking up with each other. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’d say it’s true. They alluded to it in an interview in TV Week, a few weeks ago. I think it was Victor who said they got together while the show was filming.

No, she said she had separated from her husband before the show started. I’d say that was a show producer who had run after Victor minutes earlier.

2 Likes

The intro to the ultimate instant restaurants said “double the pleasure, triple the pain”. Does it mean three teams would be eliminated at the end of the round?
Also, why did the producers blur the use by dates on packaged meat and vegetables when Matt and Luke visited their local Coles supermarket?

so that it doesn’t show the date they were filming

2 Likes

It isn’t too hard to work out when tonight’s episode was filmed. The cooking challenge at the SCG took place on October 31 last year according to Pete Evans’ Instagram post, so the sudden cook-off and then ultimate instant restaurants would have been filmed in November.

1 Like

Austin said in an interview last week it’s MKR meets MAFS.
It was very obvious in last night’s episode that all the teams had suspicions of what was going on between Piper and Victor… As usual clever editing made it even more dramatic leading to the climax of revelations for tonight’s episode.

2 Likes
1 Like

According to sources close to Seven’s programming and sales department, the atmosphere is grim as the network faces the very real possibility that its most successful show for a decade has finally run out of steam.
“It’s nothing short of a disaster,” said one TV source, who claims Seven executives were scrambling for ways to lure back viewers this season, even re-editing MKR footage to emphasise interpersonal relationships. (It was a tactic that didn’t work.)

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/channel-7-in-damage-control-as-mkr-flops-against-nines-mafs/news-story/3943cff48b4e825d4863921905bef6f3

Back to the drawing board. MKR has been, compared to previous years, a complete and utter failure that will only fall further. Best way to do it is to move it out to near The Block and get something fresh, buzz-creating and new. They should’ve got Masked Singer but its all too late. What other shows can they try? MKR isn’t going to cut it anymore.

1 Like

I think you’ve only said that 50 million times. Only 50 million to go until the end of the season.

1 Like

Apologies for bothering you Mr Bar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m sure even you would agree with the main point though. It’s shooting blanks compared to previous years.

It has been acknowledged. I don’t see what you’re trying to achieve by repeating the same point every few days. Seven are not going to move it without having a guaranteed hit to replace it and I see nothing that they’ve tried in recent years that has come anywhere close.

2 Likes