My Kitchen Rules

I cannot stand the voice overs for this show. Do they seriously think the voiceover guy’s style is ok or are they taking the pI#s?

1 Like

I haven’t watched this in a while to hear it. Is it still Septimus Caton being ridiculously OTT?

Not sure who it is so hopefully someone else can answer that, but OTT is an understatement. The original person doing it was pretty good, but this one sounds so fake.

Yep.

According to promo shown tonight, the second group including the Russian girls would not be cooking in their home towns. Instead they would be cooking in the same (rented) mansion with Pete and Manu as judges. How could the two groups have different rules?

Not according to the program guide

Yeah, the episode descriptions for next week indicate the teams still cook in their homes as per normal. Don’t always believe Seven’s promos, the house is probably coming later on after the next group of teams cook unless the house will be used for the elimination cook off…

Two nights of cooking disasters by the two Queensland teams meant Roula and Rachael had survived elimination. I feel sorry for Stuss and Steve in particular who put so much effort in their three Greek dishes. How could the parcel in their baked lamb leak time after time? I blame it on the quality of the baking paper they bought from Coles.

4 Likes

Bloody, Coles. How dare they? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

An article on The Age website suggests that cooking disasters in instant restaurants could partly be due to product placement, with contestants forced to use sponsor’s equipment they were not familiar with.

A clear example of product placement was during Kim and Suong’s instant restaurant, in which a large pack of A2 milk powder was clearly displayed at the back of the kitchen bench, but the mothers did not use it at all.

1 Like

A good cook would be able to work with whatever equipment they’re given.

5 Likes

I think your second comment contradicts your first. If they didn’t use it, then they weren’t forced to use it, were they?

1 Like

This show is ridiculous. I know everyone is watching it. Im watching it. But man, the constant overkill of Roula & Rachael is just too much. Its really bad this series.

1 Like

Stella and Jazzey started so well in last night’s instant restaurant and earned 10s for their miso cod entree, but had serious problems with the duck main and the donut dessert, meaning they were now at the bottom of the scoreboard. Without the 10s from the judges they would be close to the lowest ever instant restaurant score as well (26 set by another WA team, Bek Outred and Ash Brannan, last season).

I think contestants had to use sponsor’s equipment, but not ingredients, during instant restaurants.

1 Like

THE PRECEDING POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY A2 MILK. A2 MILK: FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

6 Likes

Despite what they want us to believe, often the contestants aren’t in their own kitchens either and are using the stove and oven etc for the first time.

1 Like

Should you be disclosing any pecuniary interests in that particular brand of milk? :smile:

It’s obvious they won’t be eliminated. They are on billboards etc.

2 Likes

I wonder if that’s happening this year as none of the houses have been overly fancy or extravagant as we have seen in previous seasons.

This week’s episodes will be repeated on 7flix today from midday to 6pm.

2 Likes