MTV channels

Drew Barrymore To Host 2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards.

Premieres Live Monday, 8 May On MTV.

MTV today announced that film and television powerhouse Drew Barrymore has been tapped to host the 2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards live Monday, 8 May on MTV. The evening will honour the biggest and best in both movies and television, across scripted and unscripted, for one supersized, can’t-miss event, which will also air on MTV internationally in more than 150 countries.

Barrymore has been nominated a total of nine times and has taken home three Golden Popcorns. She won her first award for “Best Kiss” for The Wedding Singer. She also won “Best On-Screen Team” for Charlie’s Angels. She was most recently nominated for Best Talk/Topical Show at the 2022 MTV Movie & TV Awards: UNSCRIPTED. In 2020, she and Sandler were also honoured as “Dynamic Duo” at the MTV Awards: Greatest of All Time.

Executive Producers for the 2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards are MTV’s Bruce Gillmer, Wendy Plaut and Vanessa Whitewolf, along with Den of Thieves’ Jesse Ignjatovic and Barb Bialkowski*.* Jackie Barba and Alicia Portugal are Executives in Charge of Production and Lisa Lauricella serves as the Music Talent Executive.

Follow @MTV on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube, use hashtag #MTVAwards and follow @MTVAwards on Facebook and Twitter.

Further news including nominations, presenters and more will be announced in the coming weeks.

2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards Unveil Highly-Anticipated Nominations.

image004

Premieres Live Monday, 8 May At 10am On MTV.

MTV today announced nominees for the 2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards (full list below). Beginning today, fans can vote for their favourites across 26 gender-neutral categories by visiting vote.mtv.com.

Hosted by Hollywood heavyweight Drew Barrymore, the show will air on Monday, May 8 as an epic, supersized Los Angeles takeover event. The evening will honour the biggest and best in both movies and television, across scripted and unscripted, for one supersized, can’t-miss event.

2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards Nominations:

• Top Nominees : Scripted— Top Gun: Maverick (6), Stranger Things (6), The Last of Us (6), The White Lotus (4), Wednesday (4); Unscripted— Jersey Shore Family Vacation (2), RuPaul’s Drag Race (2), The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (2), Vanderpump Rules (2)
  • First-Time Nominees : Anna Torv, Austin Butler, Bad Bunny, Beatrice Grannò, Bella Ramsey, Cara Delevingne, Courteney Cox, David Dawson, Doja Cat, Emma D’Arcy, Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Jamie Campbell Bower, Jennifer Coolidge, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Joel Madden, Joseph Quinn, Justin Long, Keke Palmer, Madison Bailey, Maya Hawke, One Republic, Quinta Brunson, Rachel Sennott, Riley Keough, Rudy Pankow, Simona Tabasco, Sosie Bacon
  • New Categories : Best Reality On-Screen Team, Best Kick-Ass Cast

COMPLETE LIST OF 2023 NOMINEES:

BEST MOVIE

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Elvis

Nope

Scream VI

Smile

Top Gun: Maverick

BEST SHOW

Stranger Things

The Last of Us

The White Lotus

Wednesday

Wolf Pack

Yellowstone

Yellowjackets

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A MOVIE

Austin Butler — Elvis

Florence Pugh — Don’t Worry Darling

KeKe Palmer — Nope

Michael B. Jordan — Creed III

Tom Cruise — Top Gun: Maverick

BEST PERFORMANCE IN A SHOW

Aubrey Plaza — The White Lotus

Christina Ricci — Yellowjackets

Jenna Ortega — Wednesday

Riley Keough — Daisy Jones & The Six

Sadie Sink — Stranger Things

Selena Gomez — Only Murders in the Building

BEST HERO

Diego Luna —Andor

Jenna Ortega — Wednesday

Paul Rudd — Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania

Pedro Pascal — The Last Of Us

Tom Cruise — Top Gun: Maverick

BEST VILLAIN

Elizabeth Olsen — Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Harry Styles – Don’t Worry Darling

Jamie Campbell Bower — Stranger Things

M3GAN – M3GAN

The Bear — Cocaine Bear

BEST KISS (presented by Cheetos®)

Anna Torv + Philip Prajoux – The Last Of Us

Harry Styles + David Dawson – My Policeman

Madison Bailey + Rudy Pankow – Outer Banks

Riley Keough + Sam Claflin – Daisy Jones & The Six

Selena Gomez + Cara Delevingne – Only Murders in the Building

BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE

Adam Sandler – Murder Mystery 2

Dylan O’Brien – Not Okay

Jennifer Coolidge – Shotgun Wedding

KeKe Palmer – Nope

Quinta Brunson – Abbott Elementary

BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE

Bad Bunny – Bullet Train

Bella Ramsey – The Last Of Us

Emma D’Arcy – House of the Dragon

Joseph Quinn – Stranger Things

Rachel Sennott – Bodies Bodies Bodies

BEST FIGHT

Brad Pitt (Ladybug) vs. Bad Bunny (The Wolf) – Bullet Train

Courteney Cox (Gale Weathers) vs. Ghostface – Scream VI

Jamie Campbell Bower (Vecna) vs. Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven) – Stranger Things

Keanu Reeves (John Wick) vs. Everyone – John Wick 4

Escape from Narkina 5- Andor

MOST FRIGHTENED PERFORMANCE

Jennifer Coolidge – The White Lotus

Jesse Tyler Ferguson – Cocaine Bear

Justin Long – Barbarian

Rachel Sennott – Bodies Bodies Bodies

Sosie Bacon – Smile

BEST DUO

Camila Mendes + Maya Hawke – Do Revenge

Jenna Ortega + Thing – Wednesday

Pedro Pascal + Bella Ramsey – The Last Of Us

Simona Tabasco + Beatrice Grannò – The White Lotus

Tom Cruise + Miles Teller – Top Gun: Maverick

BEST KICK-ASS CAST

Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Outer Banks

Stranger Things

Teen Wolf: The Movie

BEST SONG

Demi Lovato – Still Alive (Scream VI)

Doja Cat – Vegas (Elvis)

Lady Gaga – Hold My Hand (Top Gun: Maverick)

OneRepublic – I Ain’t Worried (Top Gun: Maverick)

Rihanna – Lift Me Up (Black Panther: Wakanda Forever)

Taylor Swift – Carolina (Where The Crawdads Sing)

BEST DOCU-REALITY SERIES

Jersey Shore Family Vacation

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Family Reunion: Love & Hip Hop Edition

The Kardashians

Vanderpump Rules

BEST COMPETITION SERIES

All-Star Shore

Big Brother

RuPaul’s Drag Race: All-Stars

The Challenge: USA

The Traitors

BEST HOST

Drew Barrymore - The Drew Barrymore Show

Joel Madden – Ink Master

Nick Cannon – The Masked Singer

RuPaul – RuPaul’s Drag Race

Kelly Clarkson – The Kelly Clarkson Show

BEST REALITY ON-SCREEN TEAM (presented by S ONIC®)

Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Vinny Guadagnino, Pauly D (MVP) - Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Tori Deal and Devin Walker - The Challenge: Ride or Dies

RuPaul Charles and Michelle Visage - RuPaul’s Drag Race

Ariana Madix, Katie Maloney, Scheana Shay, LaLa Kent - Vanderpump Rules

Garcelle Beauvais and Sutton Stracke - The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

BEST MUSIC DOCUMENTARY

Halftime

Love, Lizzo

Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me

Sheryl

The Day the Music Died: The Story of Don McLean’s American Pie

1 Like

Drew Barrymore has pulled out of hosting this Sunday’s MTV Movie & TV Awards, but will host next year’s event.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/drew-barrymore-cancels-mtv-movie-tv-awards-hosting-writers-strike/

UPDATE 6/5

2ND UPDATE 8/5

1 Like

I checked MTV, MTV Hits, Club MTV and MTV Classic channels today, they’re showing this breakdown message.

Update: It’s back on after 5-6 minutes.

1 Like

According to Foxtel website, MTV will be dropped from its line-up on August 1, and coming to 10play and Paramount+ on the same date.

https://help.foxtel.com.au/s/article/a7V2P000000039tUAA/mtv-nickelodeon-and-nick-jr-channel-changes

5 Likes

Do you think MTV 80s Australia would be downgraded and show feed from the MTV 80s UK? I believe so.

Might be a bit of a long shot since it was 3 years ago, but can anyone remember if the logo on the left was used when MTV 80s launched in NZ?

It’s only used on Sky’s website and I can’t find any footage of it in use.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching MTV 80’s for about a year now and I’ve never seen the logo used on Sky’s website, Fetch even lists the UK logo for MTV 80s which is different to the Europe logo.

I wonder since CBSviacom is so hot on giving us the europe feeds for the MTV channels (MTV 80s & nickmusic Netherlands) that we might see MTV 90s and MTV 00s join them.

I quite like MTV 00s and would love to see that make it to Australia.

Some watermarks for those intrested:

6 Likes

It looks like MTV Hits and Club MTV have been replaced with time shifted versions of the European channels, though it seems Sky still has the local version of MTV Hits.

5 Likes

Update: Sometime during the week, the time shifted European feed was launched on Sky replacing the local version.

3 Likes

The VMAs will air first on 10 Peach tomorrow at 11am. It will be shown on delay in all states.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That is a real shame :frowning_face:

4 Likes

MTV has been on the way out locally for years here, they commissioned a bunch of original shows (Teen Mom Australia, The Veronica’s reality series etc) a few years back and then just sorta gave up. Later they sacked all editorial staff and website editor in an obvious cost savings exercise so this is really no surprise. I still think the brand has real appeal here (look at how many FAST channels there are) but they need management who have the vision, resources and support to make it thrive again and 10 seem to have zero interest in that.

4 Likes

It’d help if they went FTA like Nick and developed some local shows.

6 Likes
3 Likes