Movies

I’m not sure they’ll see this unless they’re MediaSpy members

3 Likes

I am well aware of that. I had to vent.

1 Like

That behaviour does rile me up as well. I tend to avoid night sessions (ie. busy) at the movies if at all possible and am lucky enough to have a job that allows me to go during the day most of the time to the quieter screenings. School holidays are the worst though.

oh god this happened to me when i saw First Man - a movie that was on my must see list and the first movie i’d seen in the cinema since Peppa Pig’s Big Movie (took my 3 and 7 year old to that one).

pissed me off pretty badly

Next month’s Academy Awards will reportedly not have a host, after comedian Kevin Hart pulled out in December.

This?

yep thats it

Nominations for next month’s Academy Awards were announced overnight. Roma and The Favourite both received the most nominations with 10 each.

Among the snubs were Bradley Cooper (A Star is Born director), Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns, A Quiet Place) and Margot Robbie (Mary Queen of Scots).

Forget the Oscars…the real award nominations were released a few days ago! :wink:

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced this week that the Oscars for cinematography, editing, live action short, and makeup and hair would be handed out during commercial breaks of the Academy Awards ceremony on February 24, however the presentations would be streamed live on Oscars website.

Will 9Now stream these four categories live during commercial breaks of Nine’s telecast on February 25? The reason is that live streaming on Oscars website may be blocked outside the US.

UPDATE: after protests from leading actors and craft unions, AMPAS announced on Friday (February 15) that the four categories would be shown live during the awards telecast and not during ad breaks.

What did you think? :slight_smile:

good film. I know others who had already seen it and they liked it. I did not intend to watch it the other night I just found it while channel flicking.

Agreed. I recommended it to my folks and they saw it with friends and also enjoyed.

I thought Taraji P. Henson’s performance was excellent as the main protagonist, persistent and striving to achieve, her scenes with Kevin Costner I also enjoyed. :slight_smile:

Just watched Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! I can see why people say it isn’t as good as the first one… Too much “story” and not enough songs (like every musical nowadays)?

Also, the DVD runs at the regular speed, pretty odd but Universal are doing this nowadays…

Green Book lol

1 Like

I think some members of Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences voted for Green Book to win best picture because hot favourite Roma was distributed mainly through Netflix.

With the release of the trailer for Dora and the Lost City of Gold, SEQ locals have noted how local shooting locations have been transformed in the movie. E.g. Palm Beach Currumbin High was transformed into
Silver Lake High school LA.

Trailer

3 Likes

A special rerelease for Easter. One day only.

1 Like

A “live reveal” of Bond 25 will happen today at 10.10pm AEST.

As far as I can tell, it’ll be streamed on the 007 YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook accounts.

There’s a couple of rumoured titles floating around - Shatterhand, and Eclipse

1 Like