Movies

I want to see “Mother!”

Looks like a great psychological thriller with an all star cast.

save the jokes

Looking forward to this, Arnold Schwarzenegger back as The Terminator and Linda Hamilton back as Sarah Connor in the as yet untitled Terminator 6.

2 Likes

Looks like this is being crafted as part of a trilogy so we’ll see a couple more movies yet if all goes well. Can’t wait either!

It’s also great to see Linda Hamilton and James Cameron make a return to the franchise after sitting out the last few films. Hopefully this is much better than the third movie, and although I never bothered watching the last one (Genisys) by all accounts it was utter garbage too.

Also quoting this from another article, it’s great to hear they have decided to reboot and ignore the previous three movies and will be making this new one as a direct sequel from the second movie: Judgement Day. Hopefully it’s just as good as the first and second movies.

The new film, which does not yet have a release date, is being crafted as part of a trilogy “that can stand as single movies or form an overarching story.” It’s also being viewed as a direct sequel to Terminator 2: Judgement Day, ignoring the three sequels that followed.

1 Like

Blade runner 2049 is brilliant. Go see

1 Like

Anyone see IT?
I saw it last night and wasn’t that impressed honestly.

Trailers for Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I saw it. it’s fucking trash. like don’t go and see it, save your brain. it’s a fucking ad disguised as a movie. like it’s so terrible it is just bad.

I would pay to watch a feature length movie of ‘hey :b:eter: the movie’

2 Likes

Haha, the trailer is enough of a turn-off to be honest. A few people I know have watched it already but I think I might pass on this one.

As would I think! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is definitely on my watchlist. It’s taken about 35 years for the second movie after all. :yum:

1 Like

Heard nothing less, can’t wait, loved the original :grinning:

Saw it last week & really enjoyed :+1:

I’d perhaps put the original just ahead (coincidently of which I watched the first part on TV the other night).

Steven Seagal the latest to be accused by multiple women of sexual harrassment, under the guise of meeting him for a private audition or casting meeting. Terrible actor, with Under Siege being his only good movie but that was more to do with the performances of Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey, and it’s no surprise he’s an allegedly despicable person.

What are the best Christmas movies? Or your favourites? :christmas_tree::gift::santa:

Here’s me list (in no order):

The Polar Express
Four Christmases
A Christmas Carol
Christmas With The Kranks
Miracle on 34th Street (both versions)
Jingle All The Way
The Grinch
The Santa Clause
The Holiday
Die Hard
Love Actually
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Nightmare Before Christmas
Scrooged
Bad Santa
It’s A Womderful Life
A Christmas Story
Home Alone
Elf

I’ll pass on all the sappy shit. I’d rather go for something dark and violent to counter all the fake Christmas cheer. My sister pissed me off last year so I escaped and had a serving of death and betrayal for dessert instead of Christmas pudding by watching The Godfather.

The Silent Night, Deadly Night series of movies were favourites back in the '80s. You’ll never look at Santa the same after you’ve seen him as a homicidal maniac.

The Ice Harvest is also pretty good if you want to wallow in a bit of Christmas misery.

1 Like

Three good chick flicks there.

2 Likes

Just watched it last week sleeping wit da fishes :fish:

Mixed feeling about the new Star Wars film. Went to the midnight screening, so I could’ve just been tired, but I felt it dragged on too long and seemed more like a Marvel film than a Star Wars one.

1 Like

Gremlins, Trading Places.

2 Likes

We have a Star Wars tragic among the MS fam :sunglasses:

Proud to say i never fell for the Star Wars hype. I certainly remember the marketing hype when the first movie came out in 1977 but Star Wars action figures were never on my wish list to Santa at Christmas. Have tried to watch the original movie several times but it never held my interest.

4 Likes

Yes, when it comes to LucasFilm, I’m an Indiana Jones nut, but was also never a Star Wars fan (I still enjoy the movies though).

Been re-watching them (on DVD collection I’ve had for years but never opened) in preparation for The Last Jedi and noticed…

The wonderful Julian Glover :grinning: Forgot he had supporting role in Star Wars!

Here is where I remember him fondly:

•“For Your Eyes Only” (1981) - Bond villian:
images-37

•And “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” (1989) - again the villian:
images-54

•Also “The Empire Strikes Back” (1980) - oh look, another villian:
images-44

•And also in Game of Thrones (but more a good guy or tries to be good guy):
latest

Not really, I like SW but it’s not nearly in my top 10 films or franchises. It’s basically just a tradition my friend and I that we see it on premiere night as a something a bit different.

By far my favourite movie of 2017 was Blade Runner 2049.

1 Like