Movies on TV

It was in case Cynic wasn’t aware, as he posts the program guides.

Hey, Luke! Could you alert Bort next time Electric Dreams (1984) gets a run on FTA TV. His movie education is sadly lacking.

2 Likes

Capped this rare logo again at the end of “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe” (2005) on 7flix tonight

This name was dropped for Disney ABC International Television in May 2007.

So clearly Seven have a lot of old copies of TV shows / movies. I wonder if Disney ABC and their other providers they have deals with send them new copies or whether Seven request?

Particularly for reasons like new versions: digital restorations, directors cuts, other edits, alternate footage, etc.

I’ve also wondered when rights are lost or re-negotiated if networks have to delete the copies they have from their systems or not. Often networks will regain rights too, so similar question.

2 Likes

I’m sure they would… for a considerable fee.

1 Like

Isn’t it a FTA network’s only option though?

It’s against the law / copyright to just buy a DVD / Blu-Ray and broadcast that terrestrially isn’t it?

Hence why they’re required to make deals with international TV providers, so they’re licensed for that content (I’d imagine sent to them digitally via satellite or whatever compatible broadcast machinery they liaise with).

I used to be naive many years ago, thinking Seven/Nine/Ten just went and bought DVDs and aired them LOL :joy:

Uh, no. They can keep airing the “old version” that is exactly the same film but with a different distributor’s logo on it?

There’s a list of people who would even notice this, and there’s one person on it.

3 Likes

Are you telling me that’s not what they do? And all this time I was thinking they were sending someone down to the local JB Hi-Fi with some petty cash…

5 Likes

But if Seven wanted a remastered copy or a fresh master in a different format (HD instead of SD or 16:9 instead of 4:3, or for your example to provide a different logo at the end) i can’t imagine the distributor saying they’ll retreive said item and provide a broadcast quality master at no charge.

2 Likes

“Fifty Shades Freed” (2018) trailer during end credits of “Fifty Shades of Grey” (2015) tonight on 7flix.

Extremely rare to see Seven’s end-of-movie split screen on a multi-channel, obviously tonight’s broadcast was tied-in with the trailer for the new film as a sponsorship situation.

2 Likes

Actually they’d go to Video Ezy and then take the movie back the next day :wink:

5 Likes

LOL

What is this Video Ezy you speak of?

1 Like

Sad isn’t it :pensive:

1 Like

Back in the olden days before Netflix…

1 Like

Yes, a bygone era. I used to work at Civic Video when I was about 15.

Did people go there and load up their USB sticks or something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Next week:

•“Titanic” (1997) [20C Fox] Rpt 8:30pm Sunday on 7flix. But like last time in December, it still has a 4 hour broadcast time!

They should’ve started it as early as possible, even 6pm! But any start prior to 8:30pm of course means Seven would have to bring it down to a “PG”-level and in this movie, there’s probably too much to edit and if done would probably make for poor viewing.

I’m not sure how they’d edit the Winslet topless drawing/scene given it’s crucial to the plot.

3 Likes

Did Ten buy the Adam Sandler collection rather then having to nip down to the video store?

1 Like

This movie promoted didn’t end up airing tonight on 7flix:

Changed for “Valentine’s Day” (2010).

Smart programming, as guess what day it is tomorrow… :wink: :hugs:

Hope you’ve ordered your roses early Luke! They’re very expensive and scarce on the day. :two_hearts:

4 Likes