Movies on TV

I’m never going to question the likes of @TelevisionAU and @Zampakid.

Like walking history books, one with guides and another with photos.

Trust me I am far from perfect and people have corrected me on stuff but google is often my friend

3 Likes

Well being factually correct more often will make it harder for them to factcheck yo ass.

4 Likes

I like this phrase

Next week:

•“Coming To America” (1988) network premiere on 7mate. Formerly (including recently) on Nine and I believe Ten before that. From Paramount.

•“Trainwreck” (2015) FTA premiere on Nine. From NBC Universal.

An online guide had “Slumdog Millionaire” (2008) as “premiere”, but it’s not, been on Seven for a number of years and I don’t think has been on another network. From Icon Films.

Yep, Seven’s new back-catalogue ‘cherry pick’ deal with 20th Television, does include movies.

First FTA premiere next Monday.

“Eddie The Eagle” (2016).

When was the last FTA Fox premiere - probably over a decade ago?

Tonight’s movie Sisters (2015) on Nine is a FTA premiere, from NBC Universal.

1 Like

Next week:

•“Hot Pursuit” (2015) FTA premiere on Nine, from MGM International Television.

•“The Rookie” (1990) network premiere on 7mate, from Warner Bros International Television (previously Nine).

•“Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome” (1985) network premiere on 7mate, also Warner Bros (previously Nine).

Coming to America aired week 2 of 7flix didn’t It?

1 Like

You are absolutely correct, my apologies.

Not sure about that exactly, but “Coming To America” (1988) has aired on Seven before, a mental blank.

Seven have a cherry-pick deal with Paramount’s international television arm, for a handful of titles. Nine and Ten both have bigger deals with them (the former especially and the latter a long-time relationship).

Not sure if it’s been mentioned

Dreamworks Animation (now owned by Comcast as of 2016) has just had its distribution switch from 21st Century Fox to NBC Universal.

Which includes theatrical, home entertainment, digital & television.

I’m 99% sure this means Nine (who have a deal with NBC Universal International) will now have rights / access to all DreamWorks Animation.

Which means DreamWorks Animation films Ten had been airing (distributed by 20th Century Fox - when they had 20th Television output deal), such as “How To Train Your Dragon 2” will now switch to Nine.

Next week (11th):

FTA premiere, from Roadshow.

Promos have returned for all prime-time programs on Seven’s multi-channels, after going on a hiatus over summer (certainly movies).

Coming to America (1988), seen just before program commencement, on 7mate Perth

Just to show @Bort what I was talking about the other day (Seven’s PRG second line showing significant cast member when promoting a movie), for those who live in Prime markets and apparently don’t have it.

As seen during “Blazing Saddles” (1974) last night

3 Likes

“For the first time ever on Seven”

“X Men” movie marathon on 7mate.

Seven are really utilising their new 20th Television deal aren’t they!

Formerly on Ten

@TV.Cynic

1 Like

Is 7mate showing X Men movies for seven nights in a row or just on Sundays? Remember the Winter Olympics will be on 7mate in Perth until late night on most nights.

1 Like

Correction @JohnsonTV: every night, after Olympics (9pm or after all are scheduled).

While we’re on this, what’s the bet we’ll see these Fox classics and ones Ten aired frequently gradually rolled out across Seven this year?

•Die Hard movies
•Speed
•Home Alone
•Independence Day
•Mrs Doubtfire
•Alvin and the Chipmunks
•Ice Age movies
Etc.

I reckon Titanic (some weeks ago) was their first as part of the new deal, it’s just it hadn’t been announced yet.

Next week - continued

“Ella Enchanted” (2004) network premiere on Eleven, formerly Nine (including very recently). Provided by Roadshow, so Nine have definitely lost exclusivity for that deal now, “Good Will Hunting” being the other so far.

•‘90s week’ on Eleven:
-The Sixth Sense, Rpt (Disney)
-Deep Impact, Rpt (Paramount)
-Grosse Point Blank, Rpt (Disney)
-The First Wives Club, Rpt(Paramount)

2 Likes

“Unfinished Business” (2015) FTA premiere 9pm on Eleven tonight, provided by 20th Television (but part of their deal for Regency titles only).

A rare 1pm movie airing today on Nine and it’s in 4:3

1 Like

Nine air 1pm movies regularly.

But nice cap.

What marvellous use of the tag system. Kudous.

:roll_eyes:

7 Likes