Movies on TV

Mate, fifty bucks for fifty rises at Aldi. You’d wanna be lined up before they open to take up that offer though.

2 Likes

Next week - continued

•“The Interview” (2013) FTA premiere Thursday on 7mate, from their deal with Sony Pictures Television.

And “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” (1971) is back again, Saturday on 7flix, always does good business.

Also 7flix say “Medicine Man” (2015)… Yet I’m pretty sure it’s from a couple of decades earlier than that, with Sean Connery :thinking: Not the first time they’ve made a lazy typo either. Given its from their Disney ABC deal, they’ve aired it how many times over the years?

1 Like

Monday 26th February 2018

•“Dirty Harry” (1971) network premiere on 7mate, formerly on Nine. Provided by their deal with Warner Bros International Television.

Had been waiting to see when they’d air it.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/ten-network-programs-and-schedules/44/2567?u=lukemovieman

I see in the guides Eleven is airing “Spy Kids” for the first time tonight, been on Nine for many years and a popular family hit.

This new deal Ten has with Roadshow, however big it is, could see some of Nine’s best performers picked-up.

Yeah forget The Block and Married At First Sight, what Ten was really going for was Nine’s longtime deal for the Village Roadshow movies…

5 Likes

:joy: “Best performers” probably wasn’t the right choice of words, i guess I should’ve expected that

Ch 7 (Syd, Bris, Per) / 7mate (Melb, Adel) is premiering the film “10 Cloverfield Lane” with John Goodman which was released less than two years ago, Saturday week at 9:30pm.

It is from Paramount, making it only the second FTA first run film that has aired on Seven in recent times, the other being “Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation” last year, from memory.

As Nine / Ten air Paramount’s back library. Seven did air Paramount titles during the 2000s (with Ten), but a lot were re-runs.

1 Like

Both films were produced by J.J. Abrams through his production company Bad Robot.

1 Like

This aired at the end of “Lucy” (2014) on 7mate. Haven’t seen this one before

1 Like

They must be adding it to the end of movies Uni TV has rights to distribute.

2 Likes

Ahhh…that scene. :smile: Reminds me of the time our history teachers at school had us watch Titanic. As a horny 13-15 year old, that scene was magnificent. The fact that we watched that scene twice was even better. :rofl:

4 Likes

Been around for a while.

I notice The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is on 7flix tonight. The movie previously aired on ABC2.

2 Likes

7flix ran them all some months ago.

@TV.Cynic posted their ratings when I requested at the time (when he included them in special news articles), they didn’t perform that great, all under 100k IIRC. Maybe alright in the key demos though.

3 Likes

Did much the same again - low total people ranking 45th on multichannels but good demos - best was 18-49 age group where it ranked 7th.

1 Like

With 7mate airing Jason Bourne films over successive Sundays, it made me realise there’s actually 5 installments to date.

“Jason Bourne” (2016) I don’t think has had its FTA premiere yet?

7mate’s promo only says “4”.

So Seven must not have rights to the latest, as it’s been a couple of years (roughly) which is the usual time these days until a network can be provided with a copy.

We know Nine have got Universal rights now, so I’ll bet you anything they air it, possibly within the next month after 7mate’s run is finished (as networks seemingly sometimes do when rights are split).

Ch 7 / 7mate is premiering “Deadpool” (2016) this Saturday night. A Marvel film, but from their new Fox deal.

I actually just saw Ten running a paid teaser for the sequel in cinemas soon.

NZ-Indian movie Beyond the Known World (2017) will premiere on 9Gem tonight at around 9.40pm (in Melbourne and Adelaide after live NRL). It stars Aussie David Wenham and French actress Emmanuelle Béart and is directed by India’s Pan Nalin (Samsara).

1 Like

9Gem seem to have struck a deal with a NZ distributor, as they’ve been airing a number of NZ films or made-for-tv films for a number of weeks now.

And they’ve clearly been rating bad, as 9Gem’s share is often 1% on Thursdays.

From the first “Mission Impossible” film in the 90s, probably her most well known/mainstream movie.

She was also in an indie Aussie film a few years ago called “My Mistress”.