Movies on TV

7flix - tonight (30 November) 7:30pm

ABC Sunday, 11 December 8:30pm

Another Sunday night movie for ABC 18 Dec 8:30pm

There is something really wrong with Love Actually tonight in Melbourne, it’s being played sped-up and noticibly (just saw the scene with Colin Firth and the European girl swimming). Whoops. @TV.Cynic

update

And a big error with the classification warning for the succeeding program The Bourne Ultimatum, had “Action Violence” and “CC” but was completely missing the “M” logo. And the transition to “9Gem” was also off.

And looks like a speed issue with 9Gem with this movie too.

1 Like

Seemed to play out ok in Queensalnd. Thought it was a poor resolution copy of the movie.

1 Like

Nine has has a sprinkling of fir run midday movies over recent months. Next week a full week of made for TV Christmas themed movies commencing 19 December. Note that some of the movies had slightly different titles to their IMDB file.

Plus a FTA premiere late on Saturday night.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday night 24 December 11:00 pm on NIne following Carols.

1 Like

I believe Seven stared airing Christmas Themed movies last week?

1 Like

Do either Seven or Nine have an output deal with Hallmark? They seem to make a lot of these really terrible Christmas/Holiday themed movies these days.

1 Like

Seven has Christmas themed movied last week and coming up, however that are all repeats. Nine’s are first run.

2 Likes

How is Nine showing a Christmas movie from 2022?

A Christmas Karen was released on streaming platform and digital in the US on November 18 this year. Obviously Nine bought the Australian rights.

1 Like

With the recent changes to movie rights on FTA, Nine has lost at least one Paramount property with Top Gun to be shown on 10 next Sunday.

1 Like

Something to note is that The Polar Express isn’t in Seven’s guides for the next 2 weeks. I wonder if it has moved back to Nine?

It’s airing on 9Go! Thursday 22nd December at 7:30pm. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I saw it on like 7flix some weeks back

2 Likes

Ah alright, glad to see it back on Nine. It seems that Nine have gotten back WB films, but the Village/WB films are now on Ten. For example, I have seen:

• Joker
  • The Lego Movie
  • The Matrix
  • The Matrix Reloaded
  • Oceans Eleven
  • Oceans Twelve
  • The Matrix Revolutions
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
  • I am Legend
  • Ready Player One

All on 10 Shake. All of these films were co-funded by Village Roadshow. I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole WB/Village movie collection ends up on Ten.

Some films will be confusing, such as South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut. It could be on Nine, SBS or Ten. This is because:

• Nine: Aired the film prior to the WB contract going to Seven.
  • SBS: Aired the film when Seven had the WB contract, presumably Seven may of sold the film to them?
  • Ten: South Park is currently on 10 Shake, and the movie on Paramount+.
1 Like

New Year’s Eve on Seven is a premiere.

Christmas Day will see National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (and later Vegas Vacation) on Nine vs National Lampoon’s Vacation on Seven vs Happy Feet on 10. (in some markets)

1 Like

Unlucky Seven who has Nine airing another National Lampoon movie against it. At least 10 is showing an alternative.

The current situation with the Warners deals between Seven (lapsed) and Nine (renewed) the past year is awkward and confusing, in that it’s seeing multiple franchises with rights split across both networks and out of continuity order, most likely a result of Seven originally obtaining different sequels at different times from Nine and the same thing now happening with Nine and them having to wait for Seven’ final runs of them. “Lethal Weapon” was one example where Seven didn’t get 2 and 3 for ages after they got 1 and 4, the latter from the late 90s with an older Gibson over a decade since the original.

And now at Christmas a similar problem, the original “National Lampoon’s Vacation” still on Seven, but some sequels returned to Nine.

It’s probably going to be the same with Universal titles for many months to come too, as various wrap-up on Nine and return (or come for the first time) to Seven.

Vacation (2015) is also on Nine next week.

1 Like

10 using Top Gun Maverick image, even though it’s the first movie on tonight

2 Likes