Movies on TV

Yes, but Paramount didn’t distribute the film. When the film was made. Paramount released it in the US and Warner Bros. did internationally, including Australia. I am not sure if the Paramount+ print has the Warner Bros or Paramount logo but I think the Nine/SBS prints had Warner Bros as the main logo.

When the movie came out on TV in 2002, Nine got rights to air it due to their deal with Warner Bros. at the time. The film was kept on until I think when Nine lost rights to the show in 2011/2012 (South Park was on 9Go! during its early years) and I think SBS got rights. I am not sure if 10 Shake have aired the movie but it could still be on Nine/SBS due to the WB deal.

Oh ok, then I don’t know.

Has this been on tv before? I just noticed it was on. It’s not even a bad movie and it’s on at 12:45 am lol.

1 Like

Just checked - Warner Bros.

Saturday 12 November 7:30 PM Seven

1 Like

Not going to show Infinity first?

They already have.

7mate should show Infinity War one more time before the FTA premiere of Endgame.

7flix will be airing Willow starring Val Kilmer from the late 1980s in a fortnight, before the new ‘sequel’ Disney Plus series begins. No doubt a sponsorship tie-in from Disney, possibly even receiving rights for free as more of a paid promotion push from Disney to promote their svod service as we’ve already seen a number of times. They’ve previously aired this before when it was licenced by Fox, but Lucasfilm is now owned by Disney, coincidence the network has had very long relationships with both and one now owns the other anyway, convenient.

Nine getting in some (last?) airings before they go back to Seven perhaps? They haven’t had them very long either. The latter have just re-signed with NBCUniversal. Doubt you’d usually see three profile movies within one day and two from the same franchise on the same night (yes Home Alone 1 and 2 last night but Bourne on all networks over the years is usually once a week).

1 Like

The Santa Clause is back on 7 this year!

1 Like

I think I’ve seen it pop up before, possibly on NITV among their late night movies. (could be wrong)
Have seen the NZ film Black Sheep also on there.

Seven - Wednesday 23 November 8:30 pm

ABC TV - Sunday 4 December 8:25 pm

Guess what movie is on Nine Saturday 10 December.

2 Likes

Going off Seven’s newly signed NBC-U output (and therefore presuming Nine’s has all but lapsed), plus the truck load of Universal movies and back-to-back Nine have been airing since in recent weeks, this is probably for the last time.

It’d be funny if Seven were allowed to air it again right on or just after Christmas too. When Nine signed their last NBC deal in late 2019, Seven aired it for the last time in November or December, then Nine got it and aired it again just before Christmas.

2 Likes

Christmas Vacation returning to Nine?

1 Like

I wonder if NBCU will be giving it to Seven gift wrapped? :wink:

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Actually, Love Actually with be shown on Seven on Christmas Day :smile:

2 Likes

haha… its just not Christmas without ‘The Griswolds Christmas Vacation’ on Christmas night.

I think its been on Seven now for well over a decade… then Nine had it for a decade before that.

My favourite scene. Atkinson has one scene and completely steals the show!

1 Like